Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

All You Ever Wanted To Know About the Travelocity "Guarantee"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All You Ever Wanted To Know About the Travelocity "Guarantee"

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 2:19 pm

Angry Travelocity is the WORST company!!!!!!!

These 'bait & switch" liars should be shut down immediately.

********PLEASE READ!!************

I know this is semi-long but if you plan on using Travelocity you HAVE to read this first! I'm only trying to help and make Travelocity suffer for the injustice they've caused.

I booked a trip package to Las Vegas earlier this month. I was excited at what a great deal it was since I had been checking a number of sites frequently. This package at TRAVELOCITY consisted of 2 round trip airline tickets, 3 night stay at the MGM Grand hotel, and 2 tickets to a Vegas show. I was ecstatic that I would finally be able to get away from my increasingly stressful life, and at a package price I could afford! I booked the deal, got confirmation numbers for my flights, hotel, shuttle, and tickets, received an email itinerary from Travelocity, and saw that I was immediately charged on my credit card. My trip was set and ready to go right?

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Travelocity emailed me 2 days later to inform me that a number of airfares had been filed in error, and Northwest airlines would not honor these fares. They gave me a number to call so they could discuss my options. These "options" included charing me an extra $300+ to compensate for the fare error (which really wasn't that low to begin with). They refused to make up for THEIR OWN MISTAKE and insisted I pay the extra money. They informed me that they cancelled my whole trip WITHOUT MY CONSENT - yet my credit card still had the full amount charged to it. They had no further information at this time. After FOUR DAYS of being in the dark as to what the heck was going on with my package, I called the airlines. My outbound flight from Northwest (which was SUPPOSED to be the one with the fare error) was STILL CONFIRMED with us in the seats. The flight was not cancelled, nor were our reservation. My returning flight was supposed to be on US Airlines. The airline told me they had received our information, but could not process us a ticket for some reason to do with Travelocity. THIS WASN'T THE "FARE ERROR" FLIGHT!!!!! I am now on my FIFTH day of waiting to hear what Travelocity can do for me to fix this problem. The original post to this message is GENIUS! They back talk their way out of everything. The Travelocity Service Guarantee where they are supposed to make everything right- or work with their partners to make everything right- IS A DOWNRIGHT LIE. I am currently waiting for a supervisor to call me back. They told me 5-10 minutes which as now turned into 3 hours.

I'M BEGGIN YOU!!!!!!! DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THESE BAIT AND SWITCH PACKAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW when you see the prices they seem so great, but trust me- YOU WILL NOT GET THAT PRICE. They are heartless souls and don't care how many people they hurt. I am absolutely crushed that I made so much effort and planning for this, and now I cannot go because I cannot afford this new priced vacation. ALSO- during these five days the prices for all the packages have continued to rise. When I first received the email from them, i still would have paid the price they were currently asking. Now in these 5 days the prices has risen over $100 more.

WE NEED TO MAKE THIS COMPANY GIVE US WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS. WE NEED TO DEMAND BETTER THAN THIS.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: US Plat, DL Gold, WN when needed, PC Plat, SPG Gold, National Exec
hsquared, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Sorry to hear that you are having such a bad experience. The problems you are having are one of the main reasons not to put an online travel agent between yourself and those who will provide the service. The main issue is that they confirm the order between you and them, and not so much the order between them and the service provider. Consumers have to understand that.

You haven't even taken the trip, and you are having problems. Imagine how this will go if you do take your trip, and you experience a problem while you are traveling, like a canceled flight or a bad hotel room. Who is going to stand up for you then, in a hurry? Hotels, airlines and rental car agencies don't typically give as good a customer service level for indirect-booked products as they do for direct-booked products.

I agree with you, I will never use Travelocity, no matter what. But that statement also goes for the other online travel agencies, as well. Vacation is supposed to reduce stress, not create it. I general, I don't think you will find the savings to really be that great, compared to doing your own research looking for good rates, and booking it yourself.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HIlton Gold
Originally Posted by SouthsideJAX
I agree with you, I will never use Travelocity, no matter what.
I have a simpler rule. I use them (or Expedia) just to see what the competitive pricing is. Then book direct . . .
Old Sep 6, 2012, 8:58 pm

The guarantee is missing a major component: if the ownership of a hotel you book changes, you do not get notified. I happened to notice a resort I booked for later this month back in July changed ownership last month and customer reviews went from all positive to all negative (removal of amenities, disrepair, loss of customer friendly staff). I called Capital One (who uses Travelocity for rewards) and was not given any accommodation, even when I mentioned the material change. I forfeited over $700 in rewards.

Also, the courtesy e-mail they sent my son had a different cancellation policy than mine. Mine said I would lose the entire amount I paid, while his said the penalty was only one night's costs.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:02 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note.

This is an old thread and members should read its earlier posts with caution.

Since it was started, FT added a forum for such online booking and bidding sites and I'll move it there. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.