Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Any success in challenging what Priceline calls a 3* hotel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any success in challenging what Priceline calls a 3* hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2004, 11:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by mbstone
PL rates properties according to their amenities, not their subjective quality. PL does not read the Mobil or AAA guides, nor does it employ ex-Marines to go over hotel rooms with white gloves. A PL 3* merely means that there is an on-premises restaurant and (usually) room service. Of course, there are dumpy and run-down properties that fit this description, e.g. most airport Hiltons. You could do two things: 1) post negative reviews of the hotel on BFT or Travelocity or wherever you can; 2) write to PL. If enough people complain to PL the property will be downgraded.
The Red Lion in Modesto, CA used to be rated 3* by Priceline. A friend of mine stayed there in August and reported shabby room conditions to Priceline. About a month later, it was discovered Priceline had downgraded the hotel to 2 stars. When accessing the Priceline bid confirmation page, the restaurant icon no longer appeared in the hotel's list of amenities. That alone would explain the downgrade from 3 to 2 stars as the poster above pointed out. Whether the complaint(s) had anything to do with it as well is unknown. But I believe Priceline takes customer feedback somewhat seriously. I'm sure if they get enough negative feedback on a certain property they adjust the quality rating accordingly.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 11:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
Originally Posted by deadreader
To the poster who said it's not worth the effort to reconfigure pricelines totally misguided star-rating system:

How many nights have you stayed in a priceline hotel in the last 2 years? How many different priceline hotels have you stayed in during the last 2 years?
Deadreader,

Off topic here, but did you ever get your missing EBAY points? If I'm not mistaken, you're the only one who complained about missing points, but didn't provide a follow up once the points started rolling into everyone else's accounts. Let us know!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=346354)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.