Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

How to get OTA to “release” unused tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:09 am
Original Poster

I purchased four business tickets through an online travel agency (Skylux) last year. I later found out that the tickets were marked up by 40%. I cancelled the tickets and have been working to get the tickets refunded. After many frustrating months, Skylux finally refunded the amount they overcharged me and gave me an option to book the unused tickets directly with the airline (Virgin Atlantic) or through Skylux. I told them that I would like to deal directly with the airline; however, they won’t release the tickets to Virgin. BTW, my tickets expire next month and Skylux is holding onto them so that I relent and book through them again. How does “releasing” of tickets work and how should I deal with this issue?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Skylux?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Yes, Skylux
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:03 pm

That an airline cannot access an eticket since the travel agency is "holding the eticket" is a hoax. Airlines always say that to direct customers back to travel agency so they don't have any work on their side, however, airlines can ALWAYS take control of an eticket. You clearly see that when a flight gets cancelled last minute, then suddenly airlines are able to rebook pax without directing them back to the TA.

But just bite the bullet and book with skylux.
When you bought the tickets, you agreed to the price paid, you should honor that contract from your side, too, even if it was overcharged.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Why the h... did you purchase tickets with a 40% mark-up? You didn't know the price of the tickets if you purchased directly with the airline or with other OTA?

I suppose that I don't need to suggest that next time you should avoid inferior OTAs like the one you are dealing with, and purchase directly with the airline?
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.