Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Beware Expedia's free and refundable flight cancellation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Expedia advertises a free fully refundable cancellation benefit on airfare during the purchase process. However it's misleading and unreliable. It works on some airlines and does not work on others such as easyjet. You go on the app to cancel and it won't let you despite Expedia explicitly providing this benefit. Customer service is unable to do anything and won't honor it, they claim that their agreement with the airline doesn't allow them to yet they still promote this benefit during the shopping and purchasing of the airfare
irenem likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Expecting to be able to cancel for free with Ryanair, EasyJet, Wizz Air tickets is very optimistic. Rather than relying blindly on what Exp advertised, you should have used your common sense. Just my cents...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.