Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Expedia issuing travel credit instead of refunds for canceled flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2020, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Warning that Expedia gave me a travel credit instead of refund when my ANA flight was canceled for a May trip.
Now they won't let me talk to anyone until my flight is 72 hours away. I'm concerned that it's going to be hard to get a full refund if I let it go too long since I got the credit.
This is for an ANA flight and their waiver page clearly says travel agents can refund the reservation using the waiver code.

Another reminder why you should never book with an OTA.

I suppose I can file a chargeback but then I have to wait forever for final resolution when this should be an auto-refund instead of a travel credit.
honzeek_cz and chitink like this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Same situation here. I have gotten through to person with one booking that was relevant/close to departure but the agent simply hunged up on me. Will work with the bank. Such a pain with their communication channels, that you can cancel or refund with "live" person over the phone
chitink likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
Same here, and my cancelled flight is for November. And the airline ecredit is not for the full amount paid to Expedia. Grrr.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Same here

I was actually charged by Finnair so I did a charge back as I have an email from finnair that says I’m due a refund.
Old Apr 10, 2020, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chitink
I was actually charged by Finnair so I did a charge back as I have an email from finnair that says I’m due a refund.
Please post the resolution of your chargeback. I'm going to first check with my CC travel insurance and then perhaps chargeback.
chitink likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.