Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Skylux Travel AA flyer experiences / comments / tips

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.

Greetings All,

Guessing I need to blame no one other than myself with the borange of Skylux adds I'm seeing after clicking on a few links. I' just wondering if there are any AA members that have used them and benefited (to whatever degree) with being an AA Advantage member.

Any input would be appreciated considering the online ads promote 50-70+% less flight prices.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:03 pm

Never heard of them and will not look into it. 50-70% off flights is a scam on its face.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I believe they are mileage brokers that buy miles from people and use them to purchase award tickets, which they then resell. Some risk, as it's against the T&Cs of AA's program to do this, so you might get stuck somewhere if AA catches wind and cancels your ticket.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

My thoughts were that they were ticket wholesaler... Understood nonetheless... Staying clear and will try to get rid of the ads I'm seeing from them at the moment.

Thanks!!
Old May 11, 2019, 7:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
A quick Google and a look at the Better Business Bureau brings this post to light.

Bought $7400 in business class airfares and agreed to their **** that allowed cancellation. After purchasing discovered they booked my flight using a stranger's frequent flyer points, and only the taxes were paid direct to the airline. Sought cancellation and was told I would be charged thousands in fees that were not in their terms and conditions. Sent them a detailed letter stating all of the issues and demanding a refund, then 10 emails and 10 phonecalls over a month. On the phone a customer service person would say they'll get a supervisor to return my call (would never give a phone number or email of a supervisor) and of course they never called back. *** ****** have escalated to their fraud team as it does not comply with how a travel agent should work. But at the moment I'm still minus $7400.
The same person posted a drive by post on FT as travj1234 three years ago.

Of course, some are saying they flew okay, others not so much. Some allowed to fly by the airline flew in Economy instead of what they thought they had paid for and had difficulties getting compensated, dealing with terms and conditions imposed but not revealed previously, etc.. But they seem to have a spotty record IMO and if they’re brokering miles awards bought from others (usually under other names), I’d not drink from that cup.

Now, as this doesn’t have as much to do with a specific airline as with an OTA that has been discussed previously, and nearly all airlines have prohibitions regarding the sale of Frequent Flyer awards, we will move this to the proper forum.

Zacnlinc likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; May 11, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Old May 12, 2019, 3:43 am
Original Poster

@JDiver Thank you very much for the post and moving the post to the appropriate place. And just that feedback was enough for me to "not desire to drink from that cup". Now I just need to perhaps empty my cache as ads for SkyLux keep appearing.

Cheers!
Old Jun 24, 2020, 2:13 am

Skylux is the worst company I have ever dealt with

Promised me a refund on an existing registration and to book a flight on a different airline. Three months and no refund. I have detailed emails from the representative Ricardo saying one had been issued, but again they were falsehoods.
Do not use this company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.