Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

WARNING - Do not book with Flight Network (bookwithmatrix) !!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam

Specified S class (higher than the lower, T, fare) for a ticket to earn miles and Flight Network generated the e-ticket. Flight Network receipts don't show the booking inventory. I now know why -- they check the city pairs to see if the fares decrease after purchase so that they can pocket the difference. Upon check-in, I noticed that I was not in my originally ticketed S class but instead had a new ticket number, in T class, which wouldn't earn me any miles. Spoke with the airline as to why the original ticket was cancelled and the new ticket issued--they said the travel agent did it. No notice to me. Nothing!

Now on hold with Flight Network (30 min and counting) to see how they're going to get me back into the fare that I paid for.

DO NOT USE THESE GUYS AS PART OF BOOK WITH MATRIX!!!
natieya and boxo like this.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I plugged my ITA Matrix itinerary, carriers and flights into BookWithMatrix, exactly as ITA showed them, total price €2516.57. BWM comes back with a price of €4444.28 and gives me only one option for booking: Flight Network. A note at the bottom of the screen encourages me to try all of the travel sites listed, but gives me only the option of Flight Network.
Google Flights gives me the lower price with the exact same itinerary, carriers and flights.
Is this a glitch, or is BWM now receiving commissions from some travel sites that it recommends?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by spainflyer
I plugged my ITA Matrix itinerary, carriers and flights into BookWithMatrix, exactly as ITA showed them, total price €2516.57. BWM comes back with a price of €4444.28 and gives me only one option for booking: Flight Network. A note at the bottom of the screen encourages me to try all of the travel sites listed, but gives me only the option of Flight Network.
Google Flights gives me the lower price with the exact same itinerary, carriers and flights.
Is this a glitch, or is BWM now receiving commissions from some travel sites that it recommends?
Where did google flights tell you to book?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Call Swiss, €2518
Book with CheapoAir, €2534
Call Lufthansa, €2541
Call Singapore €4759
Book With Expedia -- click through
Book With edreams -- gives a fare in the ballpark, €25++
I haven't called anyone yet because I hoped to book online. Agents aren't always on top of all fares, even when you give them detailed information.
BTW, AmEx Platinum Travel cited over 9000 USD for the same itinerary. Agent said she didn't know why...
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:22 am

Lufthansa online does not give the option of FRA - SIN on SQ, which is what I want and what both Google Flights and ITA Matrix give me. Lufthansa offers only LH, and the total cost os €2845 for "Business Restricted" Neither does LX, which only gives LH and LX options. I am afraid that, if I call the airline, that is what I am going to get. May be my only choice, though as CheapoAir and edreams do not have stellar reputations (thanks FT!!)
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Call Swiss, €2518
Book with CheapoAir, €2534
Call Lufthansa, €2541
Call Singapore €4759
Book With Expedia -- click through
Book With edreams -- gives a fare in the ballpark, €25++
I haven't called anyone yet because I hoped to book online. Agents aren't always on top of all fares, even when you give them detailed information.
BTW, AmEx Platinum Travel cited over 9000 USD for the same itinerary. Agent said she didn't know why...
When you clicked through with Expedia, what did you get?

I wouldn't ever use Amex Platinum Travel. They simply do not know anything. I've called a few times, and never a knowledgeable person. One person was telling me it was on CX but going through PEK. I asked to confirm. She said yes. Then I asked again, and finally she said "oh yeah!" And realized it was on CA.

I've found Orbitz to be my best bet, and one time called in to have them ticket (too complicated and wouldn't show up online) and they were decent.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:37 am

Expedia gives me 2843 Euros instead of the 2518 on Google Flights, and it does not respect the itinerary I have entered (long haul SQ – NZ – NZ – SQ) instead it routes me on LH.
It also says “Four left at this price.” Does this mean that Expedia buys in bulk, or that they are just pushing you to buy now?
Did the BookWithMatrix again, and again it only offers Flight Network at 4465 Euros.
I did try Orbitz, which quotes 3339 USD, which is well over the 2506 Euros I get on ITA Matrix and Google Flights..
Is it possible that Orbitz online gives one price and by phone another, for the same routing, schedule and carriers?
Getting ready with patience and a cup of coffee to call Swiss call center. Any further advice? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.