Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Change flight with Expedia [International]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Hello everyone

I have a problem to change the flight to go to thailand with expedia , i just booked the flight to go back to thailand for 3 tickets on January 29 and return back on March 8 2018. The problem is my husband he can’t go back with me at the same time on January 29 he still have to work and we try to called the expedia to explain this situation and they said for my husband ticket if he not show up on the January 29 he will lost his ticket for both way but i just want to change only the way go to thailand and still want to keep the ticket on the way back to USA so what can i do with this situation. And they do offer me to buy the new ticket for my husband and it’s will cost me over $1,500 and i do paid for my ticket per person round trip for $780. What can i do? Please help me.

Thank you very much for your help 🙏🙏🙏and so sorry my english is not really good.

Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:08 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Welcome to FT and no worries about your English. It's fine. Unfortunately, once the 24 hr cancellation period is up, most airline tickets are non-refundable and become worthless if you miss the first or any mid point segment. You're best alternative is to call the airline to see if you can use the ticket as a credit against the future flights your husband needs. Good luck.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk Thailenol (fun handle btw).

As this is dealing with an Online Travel Agent, we'll move this to our Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies forum.

~ beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sorry to hear about your problems. You need to clarify with Expedia whether the ticket can be changed or not. Many tickets is changeable against payment of a (often rather substantial) change fee + any upfare to the current fare level (most likely the ticket to TH for travel next month is much more expensive now than when you purchased the tickets; so there will be a significant surcharge to pay in addition to the change fee). If the ticket can be changed you need to do that (and pay for the change) - also in order to protect the return flights which your husband intends to use. If your husband doesn't use the outbound flights (i.e. he no-shows for the flights) the remainder of the ticket will be cancelled and can not be used, i.e. he will not be able to travel on that ticket to get back to the US. If the ticket can not be changed there is nothing else to do than suggested above; cancel the existing ticket and buy a new one. Try asking for a credit to be used for future tickets, but it may not be possible receive such credit; it really depends on the airline.

Maybe your husband would be able to travel with you after all? - as this would solve the situation and avoid a significant loss on your part.

Last edited by SK AAR; Dec 13, 2017 at 9:51 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.