Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OTA selling standard fares

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
OTA selling standard fares

My travel patterns often require me to book multi-city tickets, but some airlines (LOT, airbaltic, etc) still don't offer this option on their websites. In these situations, my only option is TA. Problem with OTA is, that most of them will only sell me only lowest (HBO) fares. I usually travel with checked baggage and while it's (usually) possible to add bag later, it's not a good deal - HBO fare + baggage usually costs about the same (or even more) than standard fare which also include some additional services such as seat reservation, etc. I can use "physical" travel agent, but this is a hassle - it's more complicated and usually more expensive.

So I wonder if there's any OTA that allows me to book "standard" fares including baggage (and additional services where applicable), e.g. Lufthansa Group classic fare rather than light fare.

Any advice on this would be very appreciated. Thank you!
Old Oct 30, 2021, 2:32 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Great unanswered question. Replying to this old post in the hope someone today might know.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by eshroom
Great unanswered question. Replying to this old post in the hope someone today might know.
got an example multicity routing?

you could try google.com/flights (force 1 checked bag)

or more advanced, you could try matrix & ita scripts ( or book with matrix)
ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
BookWithMatrix.com: a tool to easily book with ITA Matrix
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:40 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by paperwastage
got an example multicity routing?

you could try google.com/flights (force 1 checked bag)

or more advanced, you could try matrix & ita scripts ( or book with matrix)
ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
BookWithMatrix.com: a tool to easily book with ITA Matrix
Thanks for the reply. I was trying to book NCE-BKK. I get 20% cashback through a few OTA's so it is a strong incentive not to book direct.

All the fares that came up through OTA's were go-light fares, but I didn't realise you could require a checked bag, thanks for that! Same flights now come up 120 euros more expensive through a small number of OTA's (Expedia included) but it's not clear if this means it's a go-light booking with a bag added, or a full basic economy ticket with all the additional benefits that come with it.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by eshroom
Thanks for the reply. I was trying to book NCE-BKK. I get 20% cashback through a few OTA's so it is a strong incentive not to book direct.

All the fares that came up through OTA's were go-light fares, but I didn't realise you could require a checked bag, thanks for that! Same flights now come up 120 euros more expensive through a small number of OTA's (Expedia included) but it's not clear if this means it's a go-light booking with a bag added, or a full basic economy ticket with all the additional benefits that come with it.
Sometimes ota tell you whether it's basic or not. Sometimes the fare code tells you. Sometimes you have to dig into the fare basis or fare rules to see

Good portion of the time ota have exactly the same fare as airline. Sometimes they have bulk/hidden fares
eshroom likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.