Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Airlines cancelled 1 leg of flight booked through priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

I booked 5 tickets LAX-CLT-CDG-MIA-LAX on priceline for April 2018. I came to know today when I was casually checking AA.COM that I don't see the CLT-CDG leg of flight.

Upon some digging with AA.COM I found that Finnair(operated by AA) has canceled the CLT-CDG flight.

When I login to priceline.com and check itinerary I see this message. I am not sure how long has this been

"There are changes to your itinerary!
Your airline has made changes to your flight itinerary that are pending review and not yet reflected below. Once we have processed your schedule change we will notify you via email and the changes will be reflected here. If you’d like to review your airline’s changes now, please call us."

What are my options? If Finnair doesn't provide me a direct connection CLT - CDG can I cancel with priceline for full refund . I need a direct one as my senior parents are traveling with me and direct flights would be better.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If the tickets had been booked directly with the airline you would have been able to call AY (or AA if the ticket was AA plated) to get rebooked as you wish - or to cancel and get a (full) refund. Now you are at the mercy of PL and the (often clueless) agent that you talk to.

Try give PL a ring to hear what your options are, which flights you can get rebooked toetc. There are many ways to get from LAX to CDG with AA (I assume that you do not need to fly via CLT but any US transit or LHR will do) Before calling I would suggest to reserch yourself the AA options available from LAX to CDG on AA.com and write down the preferred flights in order to suggest these to the agent that you talk to. As your original flights are booked under AY codeshare flight No. the new flights also need to have a AY codeshare flight No. This may limit your options.

If you don't like the options offered to you, ask for a refund. Good luck!

Last edited by SK AAR; Sep 22, 2017 at 7:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.