Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

problem with last name on my ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

hey there,

i recently booked a flight from frankfurt to bkk (stopover in london) with british airways. for additional info, i booked through a travel agency. i have 3 last names in my passport, 2 of them i never use. they're not on my student card, not on my bank or insurance cards or anywhere else - only in my passport. when i booked my flight through the travelagency, i typed in:

First Name: AAA
Surname: BBB

instead of

First Name: AAA
Surname: BBB CCC DDD

i contacted the travel agency and they told me i had to pay 80 euros for a name change. 50 euros to the agency and 30 euros to british airways... which sounds ridiculous to me! does anyone know what to do? what happens if i don't pay? are they not going to let me fly when i try to check in on the date of my flight?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Don't worry. You will be fine. This happens every day and is unlikely to an issue. I'm in the same situation as you and I NEVER use my middle name for flight tickets (but it is stated in my passport). I travel a lot and never experienced any problems.

Of course if you ask the TA they will tell you that you that a name change is needed (and you need to pay for it). No TA is going to say that you are OK (as they are not prepared to accept liability if it becomes an issue at check-in).

I suggest that you check-in online with BA and print your own Boarding Pass; then document check is almost certain to be done without anyone batting an eye.

Enjoy your trip to Thailand!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Don't worry. You will be fine. This happens every day and is unlikely to an issue. I'm in the same situation as you and I NEVER use my middle name for flight tickets (but it is stated in my passport). I travel a lot and never experienced any problems.

Of course if you ask the TA they will tell you that you that a name change is needed (and you need to pay for it). No TA is going to say that you are OK (as they are not prepared to accept liability if it becomes an issue at check-in).

I suggest that you check-in online with BA and print your own Boarding Pass; then document check is almost certain to be done without anyone batting an eye.

Enjoy your trip to Thailand!
thanks so much for your response!

i've read it's usually not an issue with middle names (first names), but could be an issue with last names the machine-readable portion on my passport also has the full last name on it. am i still going to be okay? i'm sorry if i'm overreacting but i'm pretty scared to be honest as this has never happened to me or anyone i know before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.