Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Issues with Pointshound.com . Is pointshound a fraud?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues with Pointshound.com . Is pointshound a fraud?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Issues with Pointshound.com . Is pointshound a fraud?

Hello,

I hope this is the right section for this.

I`ve used pointshound.com for a couple of times in order to get Flying Blue miles for my hotel stays. The first 3 times I used it, I received my FB miles in a couple of weeks after completing my hotel stay (usually, after 4 weeks and after I sent an email). Unfortunately, currently I am still waiting for my miles after two hotels stays completed in June (so more than 7-8 weeks ago).

I contacted pointshound.com two weeks ago and I did not receive any response. After a couple of days, last week, I contacted them again and their answer was: "Due to some technical issues, we are experiencing a delay in posting the bonus miles to our members. We are working very hard to resolve this issue, however at this time, I do not have the exact date when this issue will be resolved. It will definitely be in the very near future."

Because their answer was very vague, I told them I can wait another week before sending a complaint to Flying Blue (since PH is recommended by FB). Currently I am waiting an answer from FB and I will post it here.

Does anyone else had problems recently with PH? I recommend you contact your Frequent Flyer program for an update regarding pointshound as it appears it might not be reliable anymore.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: IHG Silver
Not sure I am ready to call them a fraud, but the points do seem to be pretty slow in posting. I have a stay that ended July 19 (nearly a month ago now) and still nothing in my ff account. I have followed the updates in status on the pointshound website and for more than a week now it has been at "Submitted to program" where it claims that "Your Miles will be deposited within a week". If they do not post in another few days I will have to follow up. For what it is worth I am waiting to the points to post to the Alaska program which I have noticed is a bit slower than others.

For a website that relies on people using it specifically to earn ff points/miles you would think rocketmiles would be a bit more streamlined and quick. In comparison I used a shopping portal (for Delta miles) where the miles posted before I even received the product - that was impressive.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by G2244
Not sure I am ready to call them a fraud, but the points do seem to be pretty slow in posting. I have a stay that ended July 19 (nearly a month ago now) and still nothing in my ff account. I have followed the updates in status on the pointshound website and for more than a week now it has been at "Submitted to program" where it claims that "Your Miles will be deposited within a week". If they do not post in another few days I will have to follow up. For what it is worth I am waiting to the points to post to the Alaska program which I have noticed is a bit slower than others.

For a website that relies on people using it specifically to earn ff points/miles you would think rocketmiles would be a bit more streamlined and quick. In comparison I used a shopping portal (for Delta miles) where the miles posted before I even received the product - that was impressive.
So, 6.5 weeks after my stay ended, I have still not received my miles. I will certainly think twice about using them again even if my miles do somehow show up at some point. Timeline below:

July 19 – Completed stay
August 9 – Status of stay changed to “Submitted to Program”
August 18 – Submitted online case via website for missing credit
August 21 – Response back from case “the miles will be posted very shortly”
August 28 - re–submitted original case via email, no response yet
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:11 pm

Ah, here we go. They now responded and are giving me this (just like RaduT):

"Due to some technical issues, we are experiencing a delay in posting the bonus miles to our members. We are working very hard to resolve this issue, however at this time, I do not have the exact date when this issue will be resolved. It will definitely be in the very near future. As soon as the matter is resolved the bonus miles will appear in your account. "

Seems a bit suspect that they couldn't have told me that after my first inquiry...
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:26 am

I inquired again on my missing miles. Their response makes it sound like it may be a widespread issue. In a response to my request for an update - bolding mine:

"Thank you for contacting PointsHound customer support and we apologize for the inconvenience this matter has casued.

As previously advised there are some technical issues which are causing a delay in posting the bonus miles to our members. The miles earned have been submitted to Alaska Mileage Plan on 08/07/2015 however they have yet to reflect in your account. This matter has already been escalated and our team is working hard to have this resolved.

As soon as the matter is resolved the bonus miles will appear in your account.

Once again, we apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your continued patience.

Thank you for using PointsHound. "
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:53 pm

As a follow up, my miles finally showed up in my AS account today. Not sure if I will use PH again though.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Here's another one:

"Thank you for contacting PointsHound customer support.

Your bonus AAdvantage Miles were submitted to the program on December 11, 2015, and we are just waiting for confirmation that the miles have been credited to your account (XXXXX) by AAdvantage Miles.

Please check your AAdvantage Miles account in the next 1 - 2 weeks to see if the miles have been posted. "

Yeah, just waiting for confirmation.... ;-)
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA,UA
poor IT

they cancelled my res. without me knowing, so I called and got hung up on. 2nd call, they didn't know who or why the res. was cancelled but it couldn't be rebooked using the same booking date, so no bonus miles for rebooking.
Why bother with this outfit? I told them I'd take my business to another booking service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.