Search

Complaint Against Travel Agent

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Dear Expert,

This is regard with the subject matter.

I have overpaid for the tickets because of travel agent blunder. They are not replying me at all,

Where should I complain and get a compensation of £288 because of their blunder.

Regards,

Greg
Old Jan 26, 2014, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Welcome to FT. In order to provide you any useful information, you will need to provide the relevant facts. Where did this occur (is it the UK based on the currency?). What makes you think you overpaid and why is it GBP 288. What was the blunder?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Welcome to FT. In order to provide you any useful information, you will need to provide the relevant facts. Where did this occur (is it the UK based on the currency?). What makes you think you overpaid and why is it GBP 288. What was the blunder?
Thanks for your reply.

I just email them but no response. The ditto copy of email paste here for your convenience.

COMPENSATION of £288 OVERPAID BY US

It is necessary to explain and clarify each and everything before taking any further action.

I am really disappointed with your service and correspondence all the time.
I, Sheikh (Passenger) booked 3 online tickets (1 Adult, 1 infant , 1 Child) on 22 December 2013 for travelling on 31 December 2013 and returning on 30 March 2014 with the total cost of £873.32. (Annexure I)

Flights booked and confirmed on 23 December 2013 but the returning date was 20th March 2014 instead of 30th March 2014. (Annexure II)

I called the travel agent and mentioned the representative; she told me very clearly that you booked for 20th March instead of 30 March 2014. I told her I have your confirmed email from your side. Then she was getting away from the topic and replied me that our representative called you as earliest and discussed with you.

On the same day, I was kept calling again and again and wanted to amend the returning dates; they gave me options that my family be able to come on 28th march 2014 instead of 30 March 2014. I was agreed on that and approved the amended tickets via email as well. Even I replied them via email on the early morning dated 24 December 2013. (Annexure III)

On 26th Dec 2013, I was keep trying to log in Qatar Airways but failed. Then I talked with the agent, he told that your tickets have not been confirmed because you did not reply us or any approval. This is second time; I was shocked with their inefficiency, inexperience and ignorance.

Firstly, they booked our flights on 20 March instead of 30 March 2014. Secondly, they haven't confirmed my flights with amended dates.

Then afterwards, my husband talked with Mr. Frank, a Team Manager of the Travel Trolly and Southhall Travel. He mentioned him clearly that it is not possible to get the same flights with the same fare, we will refund you total amount or we can give any other options using PIA or Turkish Airways but both airlines were not suited to myself and my little kids with one infant and one Child. Long stay over and long flights do not suit our family.

I emailed to Mr. Frank and clearly mentioned his rude attitude their mistake but he was denying the truth and showed that it was system error. Additionally, he mentioned that they will refund the total amount within 5-7 working days. Now we stuck between the devil and the deep sea. Owing to limited budget, I can’t book any other flights until and unless I get my money back from travel Agent.

It's really sad and awful. I am really disappointed and how to handle this critical situation. We are stuck with this, so we need to book flights with them because of our limited budget.

At last, we have already booked our train tickets and already made each and every preparation. We were ready to pay additional amount in order to fly on the same day to reduce our more loss.

Afterwards, My hubby quoted one price to him i.e. £1161 from Travel Trolley with all the details were same, flying same day, same time and returning on 28 March 2014 but again Frank was not agreeing on it and quoting a higher price.

After some time, he was willing to go for this fare and ready to book flights after paying the difference i.e. £ 288.

We paid the extra amount of because of the inefficiency and negligence in your hand. It is your obligatory duty to compensate £288 because of your inefficiency and negligence. Otherwise we will take a legal action against you to AITO and ABTA and through arbitration.

Your urgent response is really appreciable.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

Unfortunately, the complaint posted here doesn't answer the questions asked, which we'd need in order to help. Where was this agent you booked with, and where are you

Generally, lengthy complaints and threats of legal action are not going to get you positive results. Keep complaints simple, and to the point, with a clear request.

Turkish Airlines is a wonderful airline, and saying it is not "suited for" you and your children will not get you any points.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply Adam

I am located in Leeds, United Kingdom booked online through Travel Trolley website and always contacted with them.

Manchester ---Karachi--- Manchester
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Anwar Ul Haque
I am really disappointed with your service and correspondence all the time.
I, Sheikh (Passenger) booked 3 online tickets (1 Adult, 1 infant , 1 Child) on 22 December 2013 for travelling on 31 December 2013 and returning on 30 March 2014 with the total cost of £873.32. (Annexure I)

Flights booked and confirmed on 23 December 2013 but the returning date was 20th March 2014 instead of 30th March 2014. (Annexure II)
So you booked online on Travel Trolley's website for a 30th March return but when the e-ticket arrived it was ticketed for the 20th March instead, correct? If you have receipts they sent after the original booking showing what you booked and how it was not what you were given later then I'd say you had a claim. If the agency and airline won't help is there a consumer affairs department that handles these matters? Just a thought.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:41 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Do you have any confirmation that you did book 30th March return rather than 20th March?

If not, and there is nothing to show that the travel agent made a mistake rather than you then I don't think you will get anywhere. Just be glad you were able to change it to something suitable so close to departure.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unfortunately, you really have two options:

1. Take the alternative on Turkish. You don't need to love it, just tolerate it. You can then bring a case in small claims court or a consumer complaint after the journey is complete.

2. Take the refund offered, spend the new money required to fly what you want and then sue or bring a consumer complaint. But, remember, the facts are not always clear and you may not win. Only you can determine whether you are willing to take the risk of spending more and not recovering it.

It is water under the bridge for OP, but it is extremely rare that there are truly good deals which turn out to be good deals, on opaque third-party online sites. Use them at your own peril.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nux
Do you have any confirmation that you did book 30th March return rather than 20th March?

If not, and there is nothing to show that the travel agent made a mistake rather than you then I don't think you will get anywhere. Just be glad you were able to change it to something suitable so close to departure.

Nux, Evidence is available. They have confirmed the flights and even I reserved the seats as well

Originally Posted by tcook052
So you booked online on Travel Trolley's website for a 30th March return but when the e-ticket arrived it was ticketed for the 20th March instead, correct? If you have receipts they sent after the original booking showing what you booked and how it was not what you were given later then I'd say you had a claim. If the agency and airline won't help is there a consumer affairs department that handles these matters? Just a thought.
Everything is available. I have authentic evidence available.

Originally Posted by Often1
Unfortunately, you really have two options:

1. Take the alternative on Turkish. You don't need to love it, just tolerate it. You can then bring a case in small claims court or a consumer complaint after the journey is complete.

2. Take the refund offered, spend the new money required to fly what you want and then sue or bring a consumer complaint. But, remember, the facts are not always clear and you may not win. Only you can determine whether you are willing to take the risk of spending more and not recovering it.

It is water under the bridge for OP, but it is extremely rare that there are truly good deals which turn out to be good deals, on opaque third-party online sites. Use them at your own peril.
Family already travelled on Qatar Airways on the same time and same day. Turkish was not auspicious option with a infant and a child.

How can I get a refund after 5-7 working days. Was it not futile?

Last edited by scoow; Jan 27, 2014 at 1:10 pm Reason: multiple consecutive posts
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:48 am

I had a worst experience of my life. It's the same air ticket trolley with whom I purchased the ticket with and guess what? I went to the airport without looking at my ticket on the day before. I was told that the ticket was refunded on 5th june. Airlines had a different agent detail where there was a fake number mentioned. I made a compliant to my card provider. Don't know whether I'd get my money back or not? Now, I am sitting at my home and planning to get another ticket for my trip,
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Morals of this story --

1) Check your written/printed confirmation carefully before purchasing a ticket.
2) Don't buy a ticket from anyone - online or otherwise - unless you know them personally or they have an established reputation.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
As this inquiry deals specifically with an online travel booking site, we'll go ahead and move it over to the Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies forum, where the experts in how to deal with these companies reside.

Please follow as the discussion moves there.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.