Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

$50 off $200+ travelocity GoodBuy or Top Secret hotels with amex

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2013, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Possibly targeted - check your offer status on amex page and enroll.

Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $200 or more on a GoodBuy or Top Secret Hotel booking online at travelocity.com by 7/31/13.

To redeem, you must select the hotel only option at travelocity.com and select a GoodBuy or Top Secret Hotel. You will earn the statement credit only for GoodBuy or Top Secret hotel purchases of $200 or more made at travelocity.com by 7/31/13. You will not earn the statement credit if you book the hotel as part of a vacation package or if you pay for your hotel stay directly with the hotel property. Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: ALQA:0001
Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:05 am
Suspended

No mention of this whatsoever in my online experience with my SPG Amex card or my Citi AA Amex card. It may only be offered with non-partner-branded Amex cards like Green, Gold, Platinum - and of course Black.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Thanks! It showed up on my "My Offers" for my non-branded Amex. Just in time for a hotel stay, too. ^
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:05 am

It works for any AMEX if you go through this Twitter sync offer: https://sync.americanexpress.com/twi...ookieSupport=1
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:53 am

Hmm. My only offer is for $10 off a $75 purchase at Whole Foods.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:56 pm

love free money
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
I made a purchase with my synced Amex and it did not post the promo credit because the purchase posted to my account as "OnlineHotelRes" and not Travelocity. Travelocity confirmed that that is one of their companies, but did not explain why it would not post at Travelocity (other purchases have and this was no different as a type of purchase). They did note that phone purchases would definitely post as Travelocity...no can do as I use a cashback site to click through. American Express escalated to the Marketing Dept that handles Sync deals and they responded that they couldn't help with travel related questions...I guess that they didn't read the question. So on another call to inquire about it the helpful Amex rep just credited my account as even she could see how ridiculous the response from Marketing was. Persistence pays.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:37 am

I have the same problem with Travelocity posting as "OnlineHotelRes"
Old Jul 14, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold , HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Aadvantage, Rapid Rewards CP
Had two more purchases since and got the $50 credit on one automatically even though the billing came out as OnlineHotelRes. I emailed the CEO of Travelocity and got a phone call within the hour. The person that called seemed very concerned about the issue of Amex not recognizing OnlineHotelRes as Travelocity and was going to work on a resolution. He said it has to do with Sabre owning Travelocity as far as the way the booking bills.
Amex gave me a "one time courtesy" credit. They had escalated my concern to the Marketing Dept who said they didn't have anything to do with travel

I'm using RMNHOT50 along with the Amex promo for an additional $50 off $300 on promo eligible hotels.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:21 am

Offer is not available on my spg nor hilton card. so i synced following post #4.
Now I am wondering what qualifies as a "goodbuy" hotel?
I see the top secret hotels, but couldn't find any so called "goodbuy" hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.