Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Spelling of child name on Orbitz booked ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL NWA UA

Booked a ticket with my 8 year old son's middle name listed as last name.
Since they don't ask for kids IDs, will this matter when we check in?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Is the last name anywhere on the ticket? There may be other issues if the parents name doesn't match the kids name.

So yes, it may matter, depending on names, destinations, etc.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Last name isn't on ticket
I mean conceivably you could think up a scenario that the kid is from a previous marriage or something, you know? (not the case here though)
Just wondering if they would ever check. I've flown with my kids several times before and they check my ID and my wife's ID and then just sort of push the paperwork of my kids forward...

Flying 100% domestic btw

Last edited by FL2009; Sep 9, 2012 at 5:30 pm
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:49 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Personally, I would not risk this... it is one thing if the first/last names are reversed... but if it is NO where on the ticket you could have major issues. You may have not had problems in the past because it was correct. I know I would questions two people with the same last name travelling with a small child that does not have the last name of either adult traveler.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Well, I spoke with Orbitz and Alaska and both said it shouldn't be a problem. On the orbitz system it showed correct, just not on the actual ticket that was booked.

So I'll chance it I guess. Trip isn't until December.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:24 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
That is strange... it is correct in the system but not on the ticket? makes no sense to me... hopefully all will be ok.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Orbitz has this feature where you can amend your itinerary. I did that but after it was ticketed. So I think on Orbitz' system it looks correct but on the airline ticket it's still wrong.
I think I'll print it all up and bring with me just in case. Every other time I've flown the TSA guy just has looked at me and my wife's ID and then just shuffled and initialled the paperwork of the kids....
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:36 am

I'm all for keeping kids safe but why do people think that it would be a big problem and the tsa should go crazy if they see a kid's name different than the parents?

Prior to when ID was checked was there an epedimic of children taken on planes away from their parents? And have ID checks stopped this?

There are numerous unique situation familes these days!

Should we now also have checkpoints at each state border or every so often on the highway to see the kids are with who they are supposed to be with?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by PHLflying
I'm all for keeping kids safe but why do people think that it would be a big problem and the tsa should go crazy if they see a kid's name different than the parents?
I said it may be a problem
I never said the problem would be with the TSA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.