Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

General [Travelocity] Booking/flight change Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Booked a ticket thru Travelocity and I was informed the connecting flight was cancelled and they put me on another flight which leaves almost a day later than what I was originally scheduled to be on.

I called and was told I could change the departure date to a day later and get the original routing. However, Travelocity needs to rebook me and submit to the airline which they are refusing me to do so far. When I call the airline, they tell me they will process the date change without penalty but they need to first get a request from Travelocity.

I've called/emailed Travelocity customer service/booking dept multiple times but still no resolution. Any other avenue where I can force this change/complain? TIA
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by tsmith12
Booked a ticket thru Travelocity and I was informed the connecting flight was cancelled and they put me on another flight which leaves almost a day later than what I was originally scheduled to be on.

I called and was told I could change the departure date to a day later and get the original routing. However, Travelocity needs to rebook me and submit to the airline which they are refusing me to do so far. When I call the airline, they tell me they will process the date change without penalty but they need to first get a request from Travelocity.

I've called/emailed Travelocity customer service/booking dept multiple times but still no resolution. Any other avenue where I can force this change/complain? TIA
This is a bit confusing. You note that you "called" and were "told" Who did you call? Also, what are you trying to "force"?

If Travelocity needs to rebook you and hasn't - then it sounds like a Travelocity, rather than aa, issue.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:25 am
Original Poster

It is a Travelocity issue. I've called Travelocity and they are supposed to rebook me for the next day but they are not doing it. AA told me they can't do anything about this as the ticket was issued by Travelocity.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience in dealing with Travelocity or 3rd party sites. Not an AA-specific issue I suppose.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In the first instance it is TV which needs to rebook OP. It is possible that AA will take over the reservation (for a fee) and then make the change, but you have to ask that specific question.

The best way to do this is to initiate a 3-way with TV and AA so that you've got CSR's from both on the phone at the same time.

It is also possible that you may be entitled to a refund, given the magnitude of the change. It is worth checking whether you can purchase a new ticket directly from a carrier for close to what you paid TV before asking TV for a refund.

The lesson here is that unless there are extraordinary savings, it is almost never worth booking through opaque third-party vendors. When things go right, it's all fine. But, when they go wrong, they can be very hard to fix.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
Booking through opaque third-party vendors. When things go right, it's all fine.
Isn't Travelocity a travel agent? Its not like the OP used Hotwire or PL bidding services.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:37 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1
...opaque third-party vendors....
Originally Posted by neo_781
Isn't Travelocity a travel agent? Its not like the OP used Hotwire or PL bidding services.
Yes, "opaque" was the wrong word here. But it is still more complicated when not booked through AA, even when it is a transparent channel.

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Translucent?

Agreed go with the service provider for booking if possible.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:47 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this is more of a Travelocity issue vs. an AA issue, we'll move this over to the Online Travel Booking forum. Thanks! /JY1024, AAdvantage co-moderator
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Sometimes TV acts as a TA and sometimes not. Unless you are certain that they are acting as your agent, you should presume that they aren't.

Bottom line, if they are selling a given seat for less than you can purchase it directly from a carrier, there's a reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.