Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long a stay is possible?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:38 am
Original Poster

How long a stay is possible?

I have been a very successful Priceline bidder over the years, but for only 1-night stays (maybe there has been one 2-night stay?).

I need to do a booking for 5-6 nights in a row (might be more)... How often do these bids get accepted? Has anyone do one for even more.

If it helps, it needs to be BNA (Nashville Airport).

Any tips/hints/suggestions?

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:16 am

I've bid twice before when I've needed extra nights, and both times hoped for and got the "additional nights available at this price" offer after the bid was accepted. You might want to take a chance on the offer being made; but be ready to go elsewhere if it isn't.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Hilton Diamond
Priceline has worked for me for a 4-night stay in Paris
Old Jul 6, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I've had friends do over a week many times, even up to (I think) 16 or 17 nights.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I know that I did 6 nights in Los Angeles, 4 nights in Vegas, and once I tried for 10 nights in Vegas and didn't get it, but then did 5 and 5 and it worked (although I did have to switch hotels).

The problem is that sometimes there can be one quirky night. Hotel A might have 10 nights for $75, Hotel B might have 9 nights for $55 but one night in the middle they are booked full and will overbook but only for $300. And there's no way to tell.

If you can't get 6 nights, book for 3 and then do another for the other 3. If you're at the airport it won't be much of a problem to get from one hotel to another.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I've successfully bid for 9 and 10 night stays. But I'd second redtop43's comments about one quirky night. For longer stays, I usually check something like Expedia for individual day rates, just to see if there are any spikes or dips. Then when bidding, I might try all 10 for x$, followed up by splits of 5/5, 4/6, 6/4, etc. for the same x$.

Airport hotels seem to be a little more level in their pricing than city hotels. My personal theory is that the airlines sort of control the flow to the hotels by the way they run the air rates up and down.

5 or 6 nights shouldn't present a problem. But you can try splitting your bid as you work your way up.

BNA has up to 3 1/2* availability, but there are a number of Nashville Priceline zones that don't go that high. So, depending upon your chosen star level, you could have quite a few free rebids.

I'd suggest first checking with Hotwire to see what is offered. That will give you sort of a cap for your bidding. Start lower that that, of course. But do keep in mind Hotwire can sometimes be a little more generous with the stars than Priceline. Thus, Hotwire's 4* might be Priceline's 3 1/2*.

Romelle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.