Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Online Travel Booking and Bidding Agencies
Reload this Page >

Priceline error as to dates of hotel stay.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

I booked a hotel room using NYOP on Priceline, and put in a bid of $60 for a 5-star hotel in Prague for 18/7/2010-21/7/2010. When I put the bid through it told me that it will give me a response later. But when I got the e-mail saying my offer was accepted, to my shock the hotel was for 18/6/2010-21/6/2010! I was 100% sure I had entered the month of July as even the day of the week corresponded to my dates (Sunday check-in).

So I called Priceline and obviously they told me it must have been my fault. What are my options now?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: USAirways, SPG gold, Marriott Silver
I had a mistake made with a section of the city I wanted. I know I put in what I wanted, but got another area. I have started taking screen shots of my request page before I submit. If I need to, I plan to ask where I can send it or it goes to the FCC/BBB - you name it.
Good luck,
Eileen
Old Jun 10, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat HH Diamond
Maybe 6-9 months ago I made a Priceline mistake. I entered the wrong arrival date - I think I entered the wrong month. I discovered it within a few minutes of winning a hotel. I called Priceline and explained the problem. They let me out of the reservation. As I recall I paid a modest cancellation fee - maybe $25 - and was carefully warned that this was a one-time event for me and if it happened again not to expect any help. So my advice is to call and explain that it probably was your error and see if they will help you too.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:05 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to our Online Booking and Bidding forum, Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: DL:Diamond, HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by lvtrader
Maybe 6-9 months ago I made a Priceline mistake. I entered the wrong arrival date - I think I entered the wrong month. I discovered it within a few minutes of winning a hotel. I called Priceline and explained the problem. They let me out of the reservation. As I recall I paid a modest cancellation fee - maybe $25 - and was carefully warned that this was a one-time event for me and if it happened again not to expect any help. So my advice is to call and explain that it probably was your error and see if they will help you too.
The same thing happened to me, but they did not charge me a fee as long as i was immediately rebooking with them for the next night.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:55 pm

Thumbs down Priceline Date Error in iPhone App

I attempted to use the iPhone app to book a hotel. First 4 attemps failed with the app closing and rebooting my phone when a text message popped up during the process.

The 5th attempt went all the way through but the date was reset to TODAY's date rather than the requested date.

The app has BUGS!

Customer Service would NOT help. The cancellation fee was the entire amount of the hotel fee. Not much help.

I asked for a supervisor and was transferred to the person next to the rep in that Phillipine office. Does anyone think the "This is Peggy commercial".

The is NO SERVICE at the Priceline Customer Service.

Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by KLBrown59
I attempted to use the iPhone app to book a hotel. First 4 attemps failed with the app closing and rebooting my phone when a text message popped up during the process.

The 5th attempt went all the way through but the date was reset to TODAY's date rather than the requested date.

The app has BUGS!

Customer Service would NOT help. The cancellation fee was the entire amount of the hotel fee. Not much help.

I asked for a supervisor and was transferred to the person next to the rep in that Phillipine office. Does anyone think the "This is Peggy commercial".

The is NO SERVICE at the Priceline Customer Service.

Priceline was offering a $25 bonus cash so I downloaded the app and tried it. I was also promoting it on my Priceline website (hoteldealsrevealed.com). I tried it and didn't like entering my cc info on it. Too many mistakes, and figured that if my cc was wrong after a few tries, I was bound to make other mistakes. I guess my fingers are just too big ;-) So I abandoned it and won't use it unless in a pinch.

I had a few other people try it out too and offer their feedback. Generally... not a lot of positive reviews.

Might be good on an iPad which has a larger touch screen surface.

With respect to bugs, that's one of the reasons ecommerce sites should consider html5 (mobile version of websites) rather than apps you have to download from the iTunes store. You can fix bugs easily and don't need to roll them out to users each time you fix a bug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.