Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

AS codeshare flights on OW RTW?

Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

I too have noticed that some flights that should be available do not show up in the online booking tool, especially the Alaska Airlines codeshares, like LAX-SEA, SFO-SEA, SEA-ANC. These flights appear in the interactive timetable but not in the online booking tool.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 25, 2009 at 3:45 pm Reason: split into 2 posts for non-bug
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:26 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by jphripjah
I too have noticed that some flights that should be available do not show up in the online booking tool, especially the Alaska Airlines codeshares, like LAX-SEA, SFO-SEA, SEA-ANC. These flights appear in the interactive timetable but not in the online booking tool.
That's because AA codeshares on AS are not allowed with xONExs. Only Oneworld metal qualifies.

Welcome to FT!
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk jphripjah

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Codeshares on AS flights are not allowed on xONEx (only OW+affiliates metal allowed). To use them on OW RTW you need the other product, the distance based Global Explorer RTW.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 25, 2009 at 3:50 pm Reason: split into 2 posts
Old Jan 25, 2009, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Codeshares on AS flights are not allowed on xONEx (only OW+affiliates metal allowed). To use them on OW RTW you need the other product, the distance based Global Explorer RTW.
OK, Thanks KF and Gardyloo. I wasn't aware of that.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 25, 2009 at 3:47 pm Reason: split into 2 posts
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:25 am

Programs: QFF
I'm planning a LONE4 trip for September. I'm wanting to get QF11 SYD-LAX to connect to an AS flight to PDX on the QF code. I know I can't get the AS operated flight as part of the LONE4 ticket (and so would be booking it as an extra flight), but I can't book it on the AS or QF websites under the QF code. Any ideas how I can book it on the QF code.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:38 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
How about calling your nearest Qantas reservation/ticketing office?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Probably you can only book the QF code in combination with a pacific QF flight on the same ticket.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by christep
How about calling your nearest Qantas reservation/ticketing office?
:/ I had been hoping to avoid that (and the related booking fees) now that I can book the RTW ticket online.

Guess I might be stuck talking to QFCBR again...
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by nielsdc
Probably you can only book the QF code in combination with a pacific QF flight on the same ticket.
The plan would be QF1472/QF11/QF3709 (AS567), only I can't book QF3709 on a LONE4 as it isn't operated by a OW member. I could get it on a GE ticket, but the rest of the planned trip goes over the mileage limit of that ticket type.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 1:51 pm

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by Himeno
I'm planning a LONE4 trip for September. I'm wanting to get QF11 SYD-LAX to connect to an AS flight to PDX on the QF code. I know I can't get the AS operated flight as part of the LONE4 ticket (and so would be booking it as an extra flight), but I can't book it on the AS or QF websites under the QF code. Any ideas how I can book it on the QF code.
simple answer - you cant as a standalone sector - it needs to be ticketed with a QF operated flight to/from the US - so if the QF international sector is being ticketed as part of a LONE4 you cannot book or ticket the QF code LAX-PDX
Old Jan 29, 2009, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Why not just book it as AS567?

You will still get 100% base mileage points on QFF (but no SC's, nor any Status bonus).
Old Jan 29, 2009, 4:48 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Originally Posted by serfty

You will still get 100% base mileage points on QFF (but no SC's, nor any Status bonus).
Can he not book it as a stand alone AA codeshare (assuming his particular AS flight has one) to collect QF SC's and status bonus?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
Can he not book it as a stand alone AA codeshare (assuming his particular AS flight has one) to collect QF SC's and status bonus?
@:-)

AA6827 fully bookable on AA.com

Will earn 15SC, 834 QFF points + status bonus ...

Last edited by serfty; Jan 29, 2009 at 5:33 pm
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by serfty

It's the SC's I want. I don't really care about points.
Looks like I'll be using the AA code.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 7:25 pm

I just put in a LAX-PDX leg into the oneworld RTW booking tool. It popped up QF4113 as a vaild flight. QF4113 is AS(QX)2640...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.