Wiki Posts
Search

AONE4 Comments?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
AONE4 Comments?

Just booked this for next August. I've tried to maximise the miles and all the segments are in F (for now at least. It remains to be seen about the Asian sectors come 2009...)

JNB-LHR-MCT-LHR-SFO-MIA-BOS-DFW-ANC-DFW-JFK-HKG-NRT-DEL-NRT-HKG-JNB

56877 miles and 2700 QFF SC

Any comments on the routing or suggestions for improvments?

The only place that I really want to visit is the US. I live in Oz so will fly to JNB rtn on a cheap fare.

Thanks for all the accumulated wisdom on this board.

Medicus
Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:16 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The US ones are in F, but all on 2-class planes. Good for FF credit I guess, but at the cost of 150 miles I would go LHR-LAX-MIA with LAX-MIA on AA1520 which is F in a 3-class 777 and somewhat nicer.

Otherwise I can't see a way of doing much better and staying in F. There are some options with a few more miles if you go to places like SJU. That books as D although the seat and the service are the same as domestic A. I don't know the QFF scheme so not sure what the impact would be.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:01 pm

DONE3 Ex JNB routing suggestions

I am thinking about DONE3 Ex JNB and need some suggestions on following:

1) Routing to maximize mileage
2) Suggest a FF program to credit miles - I have been exclusively flying *A (I have no affiliation with any OW program
3) Constraints: I need to go to ICN and LHR / and because of visa issue, I cannot travel to the US.

I will also come up with my routing thoughts but in the meantime, I'd appreciate your expert's opinions.

Nevermind.... this has to be DONE4 because there is no way of traveling back to JNB without going via Europe. )

Last edited by brahms77; Dec 5, 2008 at 12:10 pm
Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by medicus
Just booked this for next August. I've tried to maximise the miles and all the segments are in F (for now at least. It remains to be seen about the Asian sectors come 2009...)

JNB-LHR-MCT-LHR-SFO-MIA-BOS-DFW-ANC-DFW-JFK-HKG-NRT-DEL-NRT-HKG-JNB

56877 miles and 2700 QFF SC

Any comments on the routing or suggestions for improvments?

The only place that I really want to visit is the US. I live in Oz so will fly to JNB rtn on a cheap fare.

Thanks for all the accumulated wisdom on this board.

Medicus
What is it that you would like to see in the US beyond the cities that you chose?
Old Dec 10, 2008, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
The US cities are purely for the MR. The only places I actually want to go to are SFO and JFK.

Well I booked with the RTW deak and missed the ticketing deadline with Mindpearl by 1 day So I now have to pay the new fare, but I must say it is still incredibly good value.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 7:17 am

Programs: QF, UA, DL, AB
Originally Posted by brahms77
Nevermind.... this has to be DONE4 because there is no way of traveling back to JNB without going via Europe. )
I assume you would include in the DONE4 Africa, Asia, North America (but not US) and Europe. This is the only continent combination that includes Asia (since you need to go to ICN) and starts from Africa. There is no possibility of including Asia AND South America without adding North America OR Australia/Pacific as well, hence needing a DONE5.

Maximising miles under such circumstances is difficult. You may fly JNB-HKG-ICN-NRT-DEL-NRT-MEX-YVR-LHR-MCT-LHR-IST-LHR-JNB. However this is far from an "optimal" routing from a mileage perspective, but your only possibility in North America is the JL service between YVR and MEX. All other services involve AA and the U.S.A. IIRC. You may add another YVR-MEX-YVR rotation, but I don't know whether this is allowed (you'd fly YVR-MEX-YVR twice). The experts here will be able to advise you on this

Another possibility, with a domestic Canadian flight purchased on top of the DONE4, would be JNB-HKG-ICN-HKG-BOM-HKG-YYZ//YVR-MEX-YVR-LHR-MCT-LHR-IST-LHR-JNB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.