Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

"Baggage Regulations";"Passenger Expenses";"Add-ons";"Combinations with other fares"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Baggage Regulations";"Passenger Expenses";"Add-ons";"Combinations with other fares"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2008, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Question "Baggage Regulations";"Passenger Expenses";"Add-ons";"Combinations with other fares"

Can anyone explain these four terms for me?
They are all in the fare rules for *ONE*
(hope the oneworld forum is the appropriate place to ask this)

From Rule 0:
Baggage regulations - the piece system applies to passengers travelling on a oneworld Explorer fare.
Passenger Expenses – Not permitted.
From Rule 10:
Add-ons not permitted
Combinations with other fares not permitted
In particular, do the Rule 10 items mean that you cannot buy say a Visit Sth America pass in conjunction with a *ONE*?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 6:29 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Can anyone explain these four terms for me?
They are all in the fare rules for *ONE*
(hope the oneworld forum is the appropriate place to ask this)

From Rule 0:
Baggage regulations - the piece system applies to passengers travelling on a oneworld Explorer fare.
Passenger Expenses – Not permitted.
From Rule 10:
Add-ons not permitted
Combinations with other fares not permitted
In particular, do the Rule 10 items mean that you cannot buy say a Visit Sth America pass in conjunction with a *ONE*?
The piece concept for baggage means that you can only carry a certain amount of bags with a certain weight each. This contrasts to the weight system which limits the total weight you can take with you. The piece concept normally applies for all flights to / from North America (and yes, other fares/places as well).

You explained the add-on rule correctly. A xONEx doesn't entitle you to use any air passes etc. You should keep an eye on this rule as Star Alliance will change this rule tomorrow and allows one add-on to their ATW product.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info DownUnderFlyer

Anyone know what "Passenger Expenses – Not permitted" means?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
"Passenger Expenses" are things like the Airline providing Hotel accommodation on overnight transits etc ...
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Aha!

Thank you serfty
Old Apr 1, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
You explained the add-on rule correctly. A xONEx doesn't entitle you to use any air passes etc. You should keep an eye on this rule as Star Alliance will change this rule tomorrow and allows one add-on to their ATW product.
I'm a little confused. The Visit South America Pass (which is the example the OP used) CAN (according to everyone I've spoken with at the RTW desk) (and at LAN, with respect to its equivalent pass) be purchased "in conjunction with" (i.e., immediately after) purchasing an *ONE* into South America. So, I assume the "no combination with other fares" doesn't prohibit the purchasing of OneWorld airpasses... Am I misunderstanding what you wrote DownUnderFlyer? Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 2:01 am

Programs: NZ/QF/BA
Originally Posted by serfty
"Passenger Expenses" are things like the Airline providing Hotel accommodation on overnight transits etc ...
Do the airlines really enforce this rule?

- James
Old Apr 2, 2008, 3:50 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jgold
I'm a little confused. The Visit South America Pass (which is the example the OP used) CAN (according to everyone I've spoken with at the RTW desk) (and at LAN, with respect to its equivalent pass) be purchased "in conjunction with" (i.e., immediately after) purchasing an *ONE* into South America. So, I assume the "no combination with other fares" doesn't prohibit the purchasing of OneWorld airpasses... Am I misunderstanding what you wrote DownUnderFlyer? Thanks.
Well, maybe the experts here can share there wisdom with us. It was always my understanding when discussing things with a TA and QF that you can not use any airpass with an ATW. Because the airpasses require an intercontinental return ticket and the xONEx doesn't qualify as such.

Can someone confirm that you can actually book other fares with xONEx? And if you can, what is the meaning of the rule then?

EDIT: The LAN website seems to support your information. They only talk about you having to reach South America with OneWorld or some others in order to be eligible for this ticket.

Paging Viajero, Gardyloo et al.....

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Apr 2, 2008 at 4:14 am
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Well, maybe the experts here can share there wisdom with us. It was always my understanding when discussing things with a TA and QF that you can not use any airpass with an ATW. Because the airpasses require an intercontinental return ticket and the xONEx doesn't qualify as such.

Can someone confirm that you can actually book other fares with xONEx? And if you can, what is the meaning of the rule then?

EDIT: The LAN website seems to support your information. They only talk about you having to reach South America with OneWorld or some others in order to be eligible for this ticket.

Paging Viajero, Gardyloo et al.....
The no add on language refers to constructing a ticket by including other fares as part of the owe ticket. That is prohibited. The visit fares are not issued as part of another ticket but are available for sale to a person using a ow carrier to travel to that continent and issued as a separate ticket. Others have reported purchasing visit fares in combination with a owe but again the visit fares are not issued as an add on or as part of the owe ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.