Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

circle the pacific question: what rule did i violate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.

i am trying to ticket the following itinerary for a 29,000 mile circle the pacific in first class.

mnl-hkg-lax-jfk-bos-mia(stopover)-bos-jfk-lax(stopover)-syd(stopover)-hkg(stopover)-mnl

cx has just sent me the following message:
"This is to inform you that your itinerary is not qualified on the Circle Pacific fare for the reason that you have a flight which will bring you back to JFK. If you want to avail of the Circle Pacific fare, may we suggest a different routing:
Please take BOS-LAX ONLY instead of your itinerary BOS-JFK and JFK-LAX.
If you take this route, you will then be able to avail the Circle Pacific fare.
"

i do not understand what rule i violated. since i am not stopping over in jfk in either direction isn't my routing valid as long as i stay under the 29,000 mile limit and have no more than two stopovers in north america?

i'd appreciate any advice anyone who understands the finer points of the routing rules can give me.
thanks,
alem
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The 29000 mile routing must include South America. The longest routing available excluding South America is 26,000. Their message back is wrong, but your itinerary is invalid because there is no such thing as a ACIR29 (excluding South America),

See the OW PDF sheet here: http://www.oneworld.com/content/libr..._13dec2007.pdf
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; Formerly an Over-Entitled UA 1K MM until I wised-up and left UA for AA.
Originally Posted by christep
The 29000 mile routing must include South America. The longest routing available excluding South America is 26,000. Their message back is wrong, but your itinerary is invalid because there is no such thing as a ACIR29 (excluding South America),

See the OW PDF sheet here: http://www.oneworld.com/content/libr..._13dec2007.pdf
thanks chris.
if i get them to ticket it will i be ok? or do you think i will face problems after i start to travel?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
If you don't need to reroute/reissue you'll probably get away with it, but a reissue would be very problematic (and potentially extremely expensive). I'd be very surprised if you get it ticketed.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:11 am
Original Poster

If you don't need to reroute/reissue you'll probably get away with it, but a reissue would be very problematic (and potentially extremely expensive). I'd be very surprised if you get it ticketed.
thanks.
since there is little chance i will need to reroute/reissue i think i will try to ticket but have a back-up 26,000 mile itinerary in my pocket in case the ticket office catches the error when i'm there.
it was a great itinerary for earning qf status credits.........
Old Jan 4, 2008, 6:25 am
Original Poster

you were right.
after much to and fro between cx manila and me, they finally informed me that the routing was invalid since it did not include latin america.

as it turns out, i think that i will do a rtw ex-mru instead asit will work out being less expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.