ex TPE DONE4 Prices and Ticketing

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2007, 10:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

ex TPE DONE4 Prices and Ticketing

Well my plans to start the DONE4 ex NRT seems to be harder each day:

1) Availability issues on NRT-SYD
2) Cost of getting from HKG-NRT and award availabiltiy for 2 PAX in X Class is hard to get for the flight I want to connect at NRT (if it is just myself than it wouldnt' be a problem)

so I am considering to ex TPE, which according to EF is only less than
$3k HKD difference, and I still have a HKG-TPE ticket which needs to be used, so no problems there...

If anyone has full CRS access can they check the publish price for DONE4 ex TPE just to make sure I am right:

ex NRT DONE4 = $48630HKD
ex TPE DONE4 = $51550HKD

Also just wondering is there a ticket counter where I can pickup the PAPER tickets @ TPE. I have only dealt with etix before so don't know the exact situation there. (may not be able to do a turnaround, if I need to head to the city to pick up the tix)

Thanks
Old May 29, 2007, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Dave Marsh
Also just wondering is there a ticket counter where I can pickup the PAPER tickets @ TPE. I have only dealt with etix before so don't know the exact situation there. (may not be able to do a turnaround, if I need to head to the city to pick up the tix)

Thanks
Which airline do you want to ticket this with? CX has a counter at the airport. With AA you would need to go see their agent in Taipei.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millionmiler
Which airline do you want to ticket this with? CX has a counter at the airport. With AA you would need to go see their agent in Taipei.
It will be CX, HOWEVER I seem to recall the ticket desk at TPE will not able to hold tickets for pax?
Old May 29, 2007, 10:50 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
From Sabre just now. You'll need to do the currency conversion yourself.

Code:
115n Taiwan /chinese Taipei/                                                    
116n ------------------------                                                   
117n .                                                                          
118n Currency - Twd                                                             
119n Continent - Asia                                                           
120n .                                                                          
121n ------------------------------------------------------                     
122n I Fare I Seaso I Three  I Four C I Five Co I Six Con I                     
123n I Bas  I N     I Contin I Ontine I Ntinent I Tinents I                     
124n I Is   I       I Ents   I Nts    I S       I         I                     
125n ------------------------------------------------------                     
126n I Aone I All   I 273460 I 312160 I 358980  I 405180  I                     
127n I *    I Year  I        I        I         I         I                     
128n ------------------------------------------------------                     
129n I Done I All   I 190300 I 216590 I 249080  I 286450  I                     
130n I *    I Year  I        I        I         I         I    
131n ------------------------------------------------------                    
132n I Lone I All   I 84950  I 101930 I 117230  I 134820  I                     
133n I *    I Year  I        I        I         I         I                     
134n ------------------------------------------------------
Old May 29, 2007, 12:18 pm

It will be CX, HOWEVER I seem to recall the ticket desk at TPE will not able to hold tickets for pax?
I picked up a CX RTW ticket there about 2 years ago specifically because AA doesn't have a counter at the airport and I didn't want to look for the local agent in town. The policy could have changed since then I admit.
Old May 29, 2007, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I too picked up an DONE4 ticket at the CX transit desk at TPE in about May 2005. No problems at all.
Old May 29, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
If you do have to go into Taipei and want to pick it up at AA I can give directions. Its pretty close to a MTR stop.
Old May 30, 2007, 2:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks All for your assistance.

From your experience, do you find using AA is cheaper comapre to CX? For CX the added advantage I have is I can change the reservation anytime 24/7 via a toll free number anywhere in the world through MPO.
Old May 30, 2007, 4:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks All for your assistance.

From your experience, do you find using AA is cheaper comapre to CX? For CX the added advantage I have is I can change the reservation anytime 24/7 via a toll free number anywhere in the world through MPO.
AA fuel surcharges (the total for the trip) are significantly lower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.