RTW help

Old Sep 21, 06, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AY Gold, Hyatt diamond.
RTW help

Iím about to take my third RTW (thanks for all the advise on the previous ones). This time a DONE3 ex ARN. The reason is that Ií have some business in the US and SW Asia the beginning of next year. Iím planning to break up my journey by a separate ticket US-Europe and then continue on towards Asia.
My intention is not purely business, I planning to get some status on BA to so a part of the trip is for miles. I hope I can get as good advice on this trip as I have got earlier.

Iím planning to visit (not in order)

MIA, DFW /back to Europe / SFO, YVR, NYC, HKG, SIN, DEL, LHR, DXB, LHR (the Dubai trip for miles only).

All improvements mile and itn-wise are welcome.

Best
Old Sep 21, 06, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
My first go (not very exciting, and depending on the timing) would be:

ARN-xLHR-MIA-DFW//DFW-ANC-DFW-SFO-YVR-JFK-HKG-SIN-HKG-DEL-HKG-oLHR-xDXB-oLHR-ARN
Old Sep 21, 06, 3:38 pm

Programs: QF Gold, SQ, AA, HA
As far as I'm aware AA only fly to ANC in summer, so I don't think the DFW-ANC-DFW option would work if the OP is flying at the beginning of the year. If you're game to try out IB's new J product then you could be a bit creative. I've added Belize for taste, but you may prefer other interesting options:

ARN-xMAD-JFK-DFW//DFW-BZE-MIA-SFO-xDFW-YVR-HKG-SIN-xHKG-DEL-xHKG-LHR-xDXB-LHR-ARN

If mileage is your only concern, then perhaps:

ARN-xLHR-YVR-DFW//DFW-SFO-MIA-JFK-AUA-xJFK-HKG-SIN-xHKG-DEL-xHKG-LHR-xDXB-LHR-ARN

Edited: SFO-YVR is allowed Dec 1-Jan 31

Last edited by mrboh; Sep 21, 06 at 4:22 pm
Old Sep 21, 06, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by mrboh
SFO-YVR is also an AS-only flight
QF 73, although it doesn't seem to be loaded past December. Are they discontinuing the service so soon, or is is seasonal?

Michael
Old Sep 21, 06, 4:21 pm

Programs: QF Gold, SQ, AA, HA
Originally Posted by WhoME
QF 73, although it doesn't seem to be loaded past December. Are they discontinuing the service so soon, or is is seasonal?
It is seasonal .. although according to the Qantas web site they are also running it in winter (December 1-January 31). As you say, not in the timetable yet, but assuming the OP is flying in January then I retract my previous assertion
Old Sep 22, 06, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
The OP is breaking his early '07 trip by going to Europe and back, presumably some time later, that's why christep's proposed ANC run, is placed after DFW//DFW, and has the depending on timing caveat.

Search this Thread