Old Aug 22, 06, 3:28 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Interactive Map looks very good.
http://www.innovata-llc.com/onw/default.asp?show=MAP

Also some 'simple' descriptions of xONEx's
http://www.oneworld.com/ow/air-trave...world-explorer
Old Aug 22, 06, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Great website, although there are quite a few mistakes. They really should have tightened up their QA process before releasing it.
Old Aug 23, 06, 12:12 am

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Most interestingly, I think http://www.oneworld.com/ow/ffp/loung...-access-policy puts to rest the debate about whether non-elite F/J pax on a OW airline have access to the F/J lounge of other OW airlines in the same airport.

It's now pretty clear in "black and white" on the OW site that they do (ie mirrors the *A rules).
Old Aug 23, 06, 12:14 am

The one niggly thing for me - the "terminal maps" show the terminals within the surrounding road system.....not what I expected when i Clicked on "terminal maps" nor something I find useful.

What they should have is a map of the terminals used by OW airlines, with facilities and especially lounge locations.
Old Aug 23, 06, 12:16 am

The other interesting thing is that Elite lounge access policy is clearly stated and applies to all OW elites of the equivalent level - with clear exceptions for usual NA AAdv segments. No stated exception for Concorde room etc....
Old Aug 23, 06, 2:31 am

Couldn't spot any glaring errors

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Great website, although there are quite a few mistakes. They really should have tightened up their QA process before releasing it.
Agree the site looks very good. Big improvement on the old one and much better than Star or SkyTeam's. You've clearly given it a closer look than me, Traveloguy! I couldn't spot any glaring errors! What did you find wrong as a matter of interest?
Old Aug 23, 06, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by alect
The other interesting thing is that Elite lounge access policy is clearly stated and applies to all OW elites of the equivalent level - with clear exceptions for usual NA AAdv segments. No stated exception for Concorde room etc....
They even show EI Ruby's get EI lounge access, yet they don't show CX Ruby's getting CX lounge access. Lots of little inconsistencies.
Old Aug 23, 06, 2:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by alect
Most interestingly, I think ... puts to rest the debate about whether non-elite F/J pax on a OW airline have access to the F/J lounge of other OW airlines in the same airport.

It's now pretty clear in "black and white" on the OW site that they do (ie mirrors the *A rules).
This (see bold text above) is one of the first things I looked for, and must be doing a rather poor job of reading because I still don't see where the 'other' issue is put to rest.

I find the text to be the same as it existed in the OW planner before, the same text that has been debated in the AA forum, and eventually found to be inconclusive.
Old Aug 23, 06, 4:00 am

I should add that at least this site works properly with Firefox.
Old Aug 23, 06, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by Viajero
This (see bold text above) is one of the first things I looked for, and must be doing a rather poor job of reading because I still don't see where the 'other' issue is put to rest.

I find the text to be the same as it existed in the OW planner before, the same text that has been debated in the AA forum, and eventually found to be inconclusive.
1. At least now the website is consistent with the timetable/planner
2. It is header the oneWorld lounge access policy - not an individual airline's. To me it reads it's the access policy for any oneworld lounge (we won't talk about exceptions for the purposes of this). And since it doesn't say travelling in a premium class of that airline, it reads travelling in premium class of a oneworld airline. Obviously this is my reading and I don't recall the earlier discussions/interpretations.
Old Aug 24, 06, 4:57 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA PLT 2.8MM+ (life PLT); IHG PLT Ambassador; UA Gold
Originally Posted by moa999
Interactive Map looks very good.
http://www.innovata-llc.com/onw/default.asp?show=MAP

Also some 'simple' descriptions of xONEx's
http://www.oneworld.com/ow/air-trave...world-explorer
Somehow Baku (Azerbaijan) ended up in Turkey according to their map. Are they dismantling it and sending it via the pipeline?
Old Oct 7, 06, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Question: Why does the map show CDG and ARN as oneworld "hubs?"
Old Oct 7, 06, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Question: Why does the map show CDG and ARN as oneworld "hubs?"
Probably because most OW carriers fly there. The map also shows other cities such as NRT (JL has not joined yet) and AKL. I suspect hubs are classed as where a high proportion of OW carriers connect.
Old Oct 7, 06, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Somehow Baku (Azerbaijan) ended up in Turkey according to their map. Are they dismantling it and sending it via the pipeline?
Apparently Turkey returned it. Rest assured that Baku is "baku" in its rightful place.

Search this Thread