Search

OW Lounges in MAD and Malaga?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:42 am
44C
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (OW EME), Hyatt Globalist
OW Lounges in MAD and Malaga?

Any recommendations on OW lounges at MAD, (flying AA to MIA) and are there any in Malaga?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: QF Gold (OW Sapphire), IB Plus, Spanair Plus
You haven't got many choices. The only OW Lounge in T4S (intercontinental flights-Sala VIP Velazquez) belongs to Iberia. It is pretty new (like all the Terminal) and I have read good reviews of it (I only know the one in T4).

BTW I think that there is no OW Lounge in AGP.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by bilboflyer

BTW I think that there is no OW Lounge in AGP.
I haven't been through AGP for a while, but Iberia definitely used to have a nice lounge there.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ajnaro
I haven't been through AGP for a while, but Iberia definitely used to have a nice lounge there.
I flew BA (well, GB Airways) from AGP a few years ago and there was definitely no oneworld lounge there, but we received invitations to a generic VIP lounge (which all airlines seemed to share) which was decent. I believe this was only for people in Business class, and by invitation only (no shiny cards accepted). Maybe there is an IB Lounge in the domestic/Schengen area, but we were in the International/non-Schengen section.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 2:36 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by bilboflyer
You haven't got many choices. The only OW Lounge in T4S (intercontinental flights-Sala VIP Velazquez) belongs to Iberia. It is pretty new (like all the Terminal) and I have read good reviews of it (I only know the one in T4).
The new IB lounge in T4S is superb (not a typo ) and quite unlike the standard IB lounge experience where it feels like sitting in a giant ashtray with some peanuts thrown in.

There are sweeping views over the apron, comfy seating and shower rooms for freshening up before your onward flight. Reasonable snacks are brought out ahead of departing evening flights.

Enjoy!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 4:54 am

Programs: AA EXP
There are three OW lounges in the new MAD terminal.

T4S:

Velázquez (International non-Schengen)
Goya (Schengen and domestic ex-T4S)

T4:

Dali (Domestic, Puente Aéreo and Schengen)
Old Aug 13, 2006, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold
Originally Posted by MiamiBeach
I flew BA (well, GB Airways) from AGP a few years ago and there was definitely no oneworld lounge there, but we received invitations to a generic VIP lounge (which all airlines seemed to share) which was decent. I believe this was only for people in Business class, and by invitation only (no shiny cards accepted). Maybe there is an IB Lounge in the domestic/Schengen area, but we were in the International/non-Schengen section.
I've recently flown from AGP to MAD on a leisure ticket. I was allowed into the lounge based on my AA status.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA member since 1990 (lifetime PLT/OWS)
Been through AGP countless times over the years. The Sala VIP lounge is operated by the airport and can be accessed by departing pax by turning right after security and then walking several meters down to the entrance on the right. It serves several carriers that depart from T2.

BA (actually GB Airways) will issue an invitation at check-in if you have eligible OW status (Sapphire, Emerald) or flying Club Europe. IB has never issued me an invitation but I have always been able to access the lounge by showing a BP that has my OW status printed on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.