E-Tickets and Stopovers - DONE4

Old Jul 19, 06, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
That where starting outside your continent of residence can be useful as such stopovers are "unlimited" in you continent of residence.
I will definetly be starting my next DONE4 in AKL. Not only is there a $1000 cost advantage over A$ at present, it will allow me to complete my 4SWP in Australia at my leisure.

Just need to find a suitable NZ based TA.
Old Jul 19, 06, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Originally Posted by under the clocks
That where starting outside your continent of residence can be useful as such stopovers are "unlimited" in you continent of residence.
I will definetly be starting my next DONE4 in AKL. Not only is there a $1000 cost advantage over A$ at present, it will allow me to complete my 4SWP in Australia at my leisure.

Just note that the "South West Pacific continent" = all of the South West Pacific, including Australia and New Zealand. So you would still be limited to two stopovers on Oz/NZ by starting in NZ. Also note that to complete your xONEx journey you would need to ticket a flight to (or within) NZ as the last segment.
Old Jul 19, 06, 6:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Just note that the "South West Pacific continent" = all of the South West Pacific, including Australia and New Zealand. So you would still be limited to two stopovers on Oz/NZ by starting in NZ. Also note that to complete your xONEx journey you would need to ticket a flight to (or within) NZ as the last segment.
Correct. Of course you could then start the next xONEx from there, or pick up a cheap return ticket (trans-tasman flights are cheaper from NZ than from Australia).
Old Jul 19, 06, 6:32 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by under the clocks

AKL is still in SWP as your continent of origin. So you are still limited to 2 stopovers in SWP (includes NZ and Australia).

Search this Thread