Wiki Posts
Search

Re-instating sectors on a DONE3

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2006, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Re-instating sectors on a DONE3

Stupid me booked 4 UK domestic sectors at the end of an RTW, threw the paper ticket into a desk drawer and forgot about them. 5 months after I should have flown the sectors the tickets have resurfaced.....

I have phoned BA and my t/a to get them resintated. A new reservation has been created and is 'live' on ba.com. Both are confident that if I front up at LGW with the paper ticket, the ticketing desk will be able to associate the res and the coupons. After I have paid the re-issue fee no doubt.....

Would any of our ticket experts care to advice whether this is good advice or not?

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2006, 10:07 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
No need to pay for reissue, the ticket is valid even if you miss the dates and the itinerary gets wiped. I would've thought that telesales would be able to enter the coupon numbers in, though -- no experience on that since I did my new reservation in person when I was in the same situation.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
Is the ticket still valid (less than 12 months)? If so, you are fine, and if the routing is the same no reissue is necessary.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Excellent. I am comfortably under the 12month period so that looks like I am good to fly. Thanks for the words of reassurance.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 1:19 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I can further support your case as I just recently ended a DONE that had also dissapeared from the system, resulting sort of "old dated" coupons, without any problems whatsoever.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 2:10 pm

..but it sure is easier if you can call up and give them an active PNR or a segment in the future that's booked.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 8:48 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Excellent. I am comfortably under the 12month period so that looks like I am good to fly. Thanks for the words of reassurance.
Be sure to check the "valid until" date printed on the ticket. It is supposed to be 12 months after the date of the first flight, but some paper tickets have been issued with the incorrect valid until date. This becomes an issue if you try to use the ticket on a date later than the ticket says for "valid until". I once caught this problem on a hand-written reissue but the wrong date didn't impact me so I accepted the tickets with the wrong date (given that the hand-written tickets take so much effort to do). Luckily I never needed to fix this error (but I had the original ticket receipt with the right "valid until" date so I was relatively confident).
Old Jul 23, 2006, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just to update, flew two sectors this week on the aforementioned tickets with no difficulty. My t/a had spoken to BA and got the PNR sufficiently tided up to enable OLCI to work. The SCSI machines wouldn't take the ATB ticket (I assume as the ticket was still coded with the old flight details), but the F check in desk issued BP's with no problem.

All surprisingly hassle free!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.