Reload this Page >

www.oneworld.com - please fix it!!

Old Jun 9, 06, 1:29 pm
SLF
Original Poster

Programs: Various

Minor but irritating point. The menus don't work with Firefox - hovering over the menu, the popups appear on the left hand side of the page instead of by the menu items.

The Firefox browser has 10% of the market share apparently.

Please can the OW webmasters test their website with Firefox. Not doing this creates an unprofessional impression.
Old Jun 9, 06, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
Uh yes... so why tell us?

Maybe you should be writing/calling them?

The Oneworld Alliance office is in Vancouver.
Old Jun 11, 06, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Isn't obvious OP is ranting/upset with the website? Don't tell me nobody else places such topics on forums. I guess OP is also looking for others who share the same problem or who know how it can be fixed without contacting the offfice you mentioned.
Old Jun 12, 06, 2:42 am
SLF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

You mean, send a communication to some marketing bods who are likely to ignore it at best or not understand it at worst?

Or perhaps post it to a forum where OW webmaster gurus might be lurking, and hopefully get the issue fixed easily?

E.g. that's exactly what happens over on the BA forum, especially when website changes occur. A thread springs up, FTers find little issues, they get fixed very quickly.

Each to his own, but for this type of issue I've never found communicating with the marketing part of an organization to be anything other than wasted effort.

Is that clear?
Old Jun 12, 06, 3:33 am

Programs: AA EXP
Have you tried emailing [email protected]? I know it is not a published address and maybe not even valid, but...
Old Jun 20, 06, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier
well...while we're on the topic about complaining about the menus, I'll pitch in my complaint about the actual content. There really isn't much point in visiting the site. Maybe they could put something useful on the site like a database of all the oneworld lounges (with maps, photos, amenities, etc....)
Old Jun 20, 06, 12:51 am

I have no prblems with the functionallity of OneWorld's website - mainly because I can't access it at all! Ah, the joys of the Great Firewall of China.

Any other Chinese residents who can confirm they have the same problem??
Old Jun 21, 06, 2:12 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Originally Posted by phillipas
I have no prblems with the functionallity of OneWorld's website - mainly because I can't access it at all! Ah, the joys of the Great Firewall of China.

Any other Chinese residents who can confirm they have the same problem??
Why in the world would the great firewall of china stop you getting access to the OW site? What do they need you to stop reading on ow.com?
Old Jun 22, 06, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier
Originally Posted by hobarthoney
Why in the world would the great firewall of china stop you getting access to the OW site? What do they need you to stop reading on ow.com?
Maybe the government doesn't want people wasting their time surfing to web sites with no useful information.....now get back to work!
Old Jul 10, 06, 4:34 pm
SLF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Viajero
Have you tried emailing webmaster -at- oneworld.com? I know it is not a published address and maybe not even valid, but...
Good call. I did end up doing this, with a satisfactory result (it's a known issue and is being addressed ). Thanks! (as a past recipient of [email protected] email, I know the amount of junk mail received on these addresses, and how they are ignored...
Old Jul 10, 06, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
As it happens, I enjoy the use of FireFox and need to find work arounds for these type of little quirks quite often.

As for the web site in question, just click the menu categories (benefits, global products, city guide, travel planning, getting there, news & information) to view the underlying page. Hard links to each of the the popups that appeared on the left hand are repeated on these underlying pages.
Old Jul 10, 06, 11:32 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Also see this extension - I find it very useful:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1419/
Old Mar 17, 08, 3:51 pm
SLF
Original Poster

Website problems?

There's no obvious way I can see to report website problems.....

The Visa info page works OK in Internet Explorer, but fails completely in Firefox (i.e. it's unusable). Please could this be passed onto the web team?

thanks!

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 17, 08 at 5:19 pm Reason: moved from the questions for oneworld4u thread
Old Mar 17, 08, 3:56 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by SLF View Post
The Visa info page works OK in Internet Explorer, but fails completely in Firefox (i.e. it's unusable).
Works okay for me in FF 2.0.0.12.
Old Mar 17, 08, 4:10 pm
SLF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gardyloo View Post
Works okay for me in FF 2.0.0.12.
Weird. I have 2.0.0.12; I just went back to the link and it worked fine. Then I did shift-reload, and it failed to produce drop-down boxes for Nationality, ALien resident of, Embarkation/Origination ...

Maybe it's a FF problem?

Search this Thread