Search

Does BA release D class intra Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Does BA release D class intra Europe?

Hi There,

I was hoping someone might have some advice on BA releasing D class inventory.

BA 821 0
CPH 06/26/06 07:30PM
LHR 06/26/06 08:35PM 321 M
J9 C6 D0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M0 R0 V0 N0 L0 S0 Q0

As you can see D is at zero but the cabin is pretty empty. AA has requested the seat with BA and L is at zero too so I can't sit in the back. Has anyone had luck with BA releasign inventory? Can I pay a fare difference from D to J to get on the flight?

Thanks,

IBG
Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:43 pm

You can't pay the difference.

BA does often open up D close to the day of the flight but its not as automatic as with AA for example. BA does let seats go unoccupied.

On the other hand, BA will usually let you on the plane on a standby or even confirmed basis even if there is no D available. I just did this a couple of weeks ago and have done this many, many times in the past.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
On a recent DONE3 I showed up for a flight that zeroed in D, but where I had a confirmed seat in L. As both C and J were available I still got to fly in Club Europe after some consultations by the check-in agent. It's just one data point of course, but in my case I got the CE seat.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Appreciate the reposnes. AA has requested the seat but my itin does not show the segment. I hope the request does not get lost. Probably a good time to be constsantly calling them.:-)
Old Jun 8, 2006, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I don't understand what you mean by "AA requested seat with BA".. did AA do the booking or not? I mean there is such a thing called a waitlist, you know. That way, you will see your itinerary!
Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Wow a waitlist what a brilliant idea. I can see my itin never once said I could not. I have a RTW on hold and one seg has no D class, L is zero'd out too. So AA has requested a D class seat from BA. I posted to find out what others had experienced in similar situations.

Since there is no D class or L to book me into it does not show up on the itin.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
My D class requests for Club Europe usually clear within 24 hours IF it is in conjunction with a long haul D class Club World.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
On a recent DONE3 I showed up for a flight that zeroed in D, but where I had a confirmed seat in L. As both C and J were available I still got to fly in Club Europe after some consultations by the check-in agent. It's just one data point of course, but in my case I got the CE seat.
Did you get AA miles based on L or D for this flight (assuming you got AA miles at all)?
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:20 pm

I've commented a couple of times that it seems to me that BA has become increasingly antagonistic toward xONEx fares - I would guess that they're at odds with the other OW carriers on the issue, for reasons of their own (e.g. they don't think they're getting their fair share of the fares). This is just another example. I've flown AONEx's for several years (booking into D intra Europe, of course) and in the past have never had the slightest problem getting a seat out of BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.