aer lingus (ei) refund question

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2006, 10:13 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
aer lingus (ei) refund question

I was searching for flights between dub and lhr on aer and found flights in jan and feb of 07 for 1 Euro + tax (each way.) I read the fare rules, which do not allow refunds (on economy); but would the taxes be refunded if I were to book and cancel one of these bargain deals?

Last edited by nrr; May 7, 2006 at 10:14 pm Reason: punctuation correction
Old May 7, 2006, 10:35 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Taxes are refundable but some of these intentionally-ultra-low fares have cancellation penalties that are more than the fare (and come out of the taxes and fuel surcharge already collected), so you need to carefully check the fare rules to determine what you will get back.
Old May 7, 2006, 10:47 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I read the fare rules and it only mentions that the fare is not refundable.
I checked the "conditions of contract" and it states that taxes are refundable less a "reasonable" handling fee. [The "resonable" amount is not specified.]
I normally do not cancel flights, but booking 9 months out, I would like a little leaway should I cancel.
Old May 8, 2006, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Originally Posted by nrr
I read the fare rules and it only mentions that the fare is not refundable.
I checked the "conditions of contract" and it states that taxes are refundable less a "reasonable" handling fee. [The "resonable" amount is not specified.]
I normally do not cancel flights, but booking 9 months out, I would like a little leaway should I cancel.
I think thst it is about half the value of the taxes will get refunded so it will cost about €25 to have the taxes refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.