Wiki Posts
Search

Any warning on xONEx price rises?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Any warning on xONEx price rises?

Anyone know if it is normal practice to announce (to a publicly accessible place) impending xONEx fare rises (particularly base fares)? Or is it just hit/miss, and/or dependent on someone being aware of it, and say, posting it somewhere like here?

I have one booked put not paid for as I want to retain the option to re-route free of charge for a little while longer. But not too much longer!!

TIA
Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:53 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Usually the common policy has been that there's a short notice time with a note "last day to ticket existing reservations" etc...this applies to my understanding atleast with most areas/origins...sometimes the price increases, however, do happen quite suddenly as was the case with WAW around a year ago...I'd say it's better to be safe than sorry...
Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
MAY and NOV.

These are the two times in a year that fares are reviewed and 'adjusted' accordingly.

However certain times when currency fluctuations are 'severe'.. is where the airlines decide to do an immediate fare increase.. ie ex-CAI fares.
Old Mar 3, 2006, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Thanks for the responses

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.