Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Official" table for award mileage?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2006, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

"Official" table for award mileage?

Surely it's been asked before, but a quick search didn't find it: can anyone link to the table the airlines use to determine award mileage? I'm trying to squeeze in AA ExPlat this year and won't have a lot of miles to spare, so it would be nice to have a good handle on the numbers in time to toss in an MR if need be.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm confused. You seem to be asking about two things - requalification for EXP and award miles. Could you try asking that question again?
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm confused. You seem to be asking about two things - requalification for EXP and award miles. Could you try asking that question again?
Hmmm? According to the on-line Great Circle Mapper I'll end up the year with something like 100,300 AAdvantage points, assuming that my calculations of miles and multipliers are correct. That's awfully close to the pass/fail line, so I was just asking if there was easy access to the mileage tables that AA in particular uses (or does the airline on which the credit was earned make the call?) so that if my numbers are optimistic, I can schedule something sooner rather than later.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:41 pm
Community Director Emerita

Now I get it. Thanks.

While we wait for someone to come along with more authoritative information, I will say that word on the AA board is that 99,500 is a near auto past to EXP - and perhaps even lower with a high points/miles ratio. Our A and D flights give us 1.5 points/miles flown. I requalified last year on the points basis, not on miles flown. I had roughly 105K EQM and 70K flown miles.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 3:31 pm

download the pdf version of the aa schedule. it gives the mileage correctly for non-stop flights between cities. don't use it for flights with intermediate stops. anyway, the great circle distances used by many here is within 2-3 miles of what aa uses. i would not worry about it if you are over by a few hundred.
Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2006, 8:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Be aware that for partner airline flights, the mileage calculation can change even intra-year. Some airlines may go from calculating mileage on the basis of: a) city center-to-city center distances to b) airport-to-airport distances; or vice versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.