Search

2440 QFF SC's from a DONE4

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2005, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
2440 QFF SC's from a DONE4

I've been researching a DONE4 for a MR (or in QFF speak, an SCR*).

With plenty of assistance from people on this Forum, I have come up with a routing that satisfies my needs.

That particular route should net me 2,300 Status Credits.. The base miles are about 64,000 and with Cabin and Status Bonus' and Loyalty Bonus included I'll get over 135,000 miles. It is optimised for a resident of MEL (ME ).

As an aside, while doing this I made a few tweaks and came up with a routing that would net any QF FTer who is game enough to do it 2,440 status credits and at least 90,000 miles (That for a QFF Bronze; more for Silver, Gold and Platinum). I will not be travelling it.

It is seasonal for NA summer only; with ANC being visited and DFW traversed four times.
Code:
CMB-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-SEA-DFW-LAX-LHR-MCT-LHR-MEL-CNS-PER-MEL-AKL-HKG-CMB
<-----CX----><AA*><----------AA----------><----BA----><--------QF--------><--CX--->
* AA codeshare on CX Metal
To get to this level of SC's, all intra NA segments need to be booked into A on two class F/Y flights.

The cost ex CMB is about AU$7,000+taxes/levies/charges. (US$5,300+, GBŁ3,000+)

Now here's a challenge, can any of you Guru's here find a way to get this to 2,500 SC's or more? Remember SC's are God; miles are a bonus.

FWIW, I believe this routing will return 2160 BA Exec Club Tier Credits.

* Status Credit Run

Last edited by serfty; Aug 3, 2005 at 7:36 pm Reason: ANCxANC
Old Jul 12, 2005, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by serfty
I've been researching a DONE4 for a MR (or in QFF speak, an SCR*).

With plenty of assistance from people on this Forum, I have come up with a routing that satisfies my needs.

It should net me 2,300 Status Credits.. The base miles are about 64,000 and with Cabin and Status Bonus' included I'll get over 110,000 miles. It is optimised for a resident of MEL (ME ).

As an aside, while doing this I made a few tweaks and came up with a routing that would net any QF FTer who is game enough to do it 2,500 status credits and at least 90,000 miles (That for a QFF Bronze; more for Silver, Gold and Platinum). I will not be travelling it.

It is seasonal for NA summer only; with ANC being visited and DFW traversed four times.
Code:
CMB-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-SEA-DFW-LAX-LHR-MCT-LHR-MEL-CNS-PER-MEL-AKL-HKG-CMB
<-----CX----><AA*><----------AA----------><----BA----><--------QF--------><--CX--->
* AA codeshare on CX Metal
To get to this level of SC's, all intra NA segments need to be booked into A on two class F/Y flights.

The cost ex CMB is about AU$7,000+taxes/levies/charges. (US$5,300+, GBŁ3,000+)

Now here's a challenge, can any of you Guru's here find a way to get this to 2,500 SC's or more? Remember SC's are God; miles are a bonus.

FWIW, I believe this routing will return 2160 BA Exec Club Tier Credits.

* Status Credit Run

Remember any routing over 2000 miles nets the full whack of tier credits on BA so any BA run should be optimised accordingly - this is quite different to QF.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 3:41 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
2500 SCs ^

When is the ANC season?
Old Jul 12, 2005, 4:18 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
2500 SCs ^

When is the ANC season?
June - September, actual dates vary; also note ORD-ANC and DFW-ANC have different start/end dates.

DFW-ANC is a route I would expect to go year-round in the not too distant future, as expanded oil and gas development in Alaska starts gaining momentum under the benign rule of the current regime.

Last edited by Gardyloo; Jul 12, 2005 at 4:21 pm
Old Jul 12, 2005, 4:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks. I presume those sectors are the only ones seasonal in that itin?
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Thanks. I presume those sectors are the only ones seasonal in that itin?
Hi Kiwi Flyer,

Yep, they are the only ones.

This year the AA DFW-ANC & ANC-DFW flights commenced daily from Thursday June 9th. I believe the last day for this season in Tuesday 6th September.

It's a bit tough to use them with the oneWORLD validator at the moment as it is rejecting the sectors: Error!!! No oneworld service exists ANC-DFW

Last edited by serfty; Jul 12, 2005 at 8:03 pm Reason: +url
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QF Hammer
Remember any routing over 2000 miles nets the full whack of tier credits on BA so any BA run should be optimised accordingly - this is quite different to QF.
Agreed. It's actually frightening the difference in EC TC's earned before 2000 mi and after . They actually Triple!

So much so, that it's a better option in the above intinery in NA alone to do a transcontinental as well:
Code:
-JFK-SFO-LAX-DFW-ANC-DFW-LAX-
For the same reasons, ADL-AKL rather than MEL-AKL at 2022 miles is a good DONEx SWP option.

Last edited by serfty; Jul 12, 2005 at 8:49 pm
Old Jul 13, 2005, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by serfty
Agreed. It's actually frightening the difference in EC TC's earned before 2000 mi and after . They actually Triple!

So much so, that it's a better option in the above intinery in NA alone to do a transcontinental as well:
Code:
-JFK-SFO-LAX-DFW-ANC-DFW-LAX-
For the same reasons, ADL-AKL rather than MEL-AKL at 2022 miles is a good DONEx SWP option.
It is for reasons such as the above that I am almost tempted to jump ship across to EC as if you plan your routes for a SFSC run, BAEC Gold can be quite easy to obtain.

Still, I guess that QFF is likely still to be my programme of choice when I consider where I am likely to be resident in the future, and I don't want a BAEC account closed just because I have decided to move to Australia! (Remember that BAEC closes memberships and prompts member to join QFF when they move to Oz)
Old Aug 3, 2005, 1:52 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Based on the new rules, I make it 2,160 SCs (still not bad) and 133,623 for the trip in J based on being a Platinum.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Based on the new rules, I make it 2,160 SCs (still not bad) and 133,623 for the trip in J based on being a Platinum.
The six NA sectors have been booked in A, not D.

However, my original post included ANC twice where in fact, this may only be visited once, so it is 2440, not 2500.

Last edited by serfty; Aug 3, 2005 at 7:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.