Wiki Posts
Search

Australia Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2004, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Select
Australia Fares

It was suggested in the AA room that I post this message here. Need some help and could not find any answers in the archieves. Looking to book LAX-SYD in September for work. Would prefer to fly business class, but rates are around $8000. Are these normal fares, or will they come down? Is there any place else to check that will still allow me to maximize miles? I have heard Quantas Economy is not that bad, but my company will pay Business Class if it is closer to $4000. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 6:06 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
That is the typical fare and it won't come down. Consolidators have somewhat better fares, and UA is often cheaper (but not as nice as QF). You can use a Circle Pacific fare (requires routing LAX-HKG-SYD-LAX or LAX-NRT-SYD-LAX in order to cross both North and South Pacific) which is good value if you can use the extra flights. Otherwise this is the most profitable route in the world at the moment with a shortage of seats and many flights sold out on peak days -- supply and demand at work, making the fares high.
Old Jul 28, 2004, 1:40 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
Alternative

Well you could take the Air New Zealand business class offer from LAX to Auckland for about $3500 and then add the extra sector in economy. You could spend another US$100 and stop on a Pacific Island on the way. Web fare on the ANZ website, US gateway, "bookings and offers".

Almost the same price ex-London so if you need to go to the UK, you could consider originating in London and this works for just about every fare you care to consider (incluidng the ANZ offer). Also consider RTW if you work elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.