Another Plan for you to Comment

Old Jun 11, 04, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Another Plan for you to Comment

Hi,

Can you have a look at this plan please? I'm thinking of a DONE4 around April next year.

WLG-MEL-AYQ-PER-CGK-HKG-TPE-HKG-BKK-HEL-SVO-LHR-MAD-LHR-IAD-LAS-LAX-HNL-SYD-WLG

- I'll only transit in HKG each time and won't stop over (i.e., stay <24 hours).
- Only the first LHR stop is a stopover.
- Is HNL-SYD only a 2-class service?
- Can I head back to SYD towards the end of the trip? Does that count as back-tracking?
- If so, can I do SYD-AKL-WLG to use that last segment? I think I can only count 19 flights in there...

Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 04, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
The itinerary looks OK.

Stopovers are only relevant in the continent of origin, so your comments about HKG and LHR don't matter.

Yes HNL-SYD is 2-class.

Going back to SYD is fine, but remember you are only allowed stopovers at two out of MEL, AYQ, PER, SYD.

You have already used the 4 segments in SW Pacific so you cannot add AKL (cannot purchase extra segments in the continent of origin).

The only place you can add an extra segment for free is in N America.
Old Jun 11, 04, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I think I'll do some more reasearch... I've only flown J on BA and QF (all pre-bed) and CX, so I'm trying to fit in various long legs with other OW airlines... At the moment, I probably won't get to experience the new QF J, so I may try to fly QF on the Kangaroo route instead of Finnair.
Old Jun 15, 04, 4:15 am
Original Poster

OK, after some more homework, here's version 2...

Objectives in order of priority
- Go to Washington DC, MIA, LAS, LHR, SIN, MEL, and SYD
- Use up 20 segments, maximise SC on QFF to achieve WP
- Experience the QF beds (BKK-LHR) and QF F (LAX-SYD)

WLG-MEL-PER-BNE-SIN-HKG-NRT-HKG-BKK-LHR-DXB-LHR-HEL-LHR-IAD-MIA-ORD-LAS-LAX-SYD-WLG

Stopovers in Oz are MEL and SYD.

By my calculations, this should get me more than 1400 SCs...?

I guess I can go WLG-BNE-PER-MEL-SIN to max it out even more, but it may come down to a timetable and aircraft issue...

Comments?
Old Jun 15, 04, 6:28 am

Programs: QF
Living in NZ, I wouldn't waste my DONE on flights in Aus, see some of the rest of the world, rather than parts of AUS that you can see at any time.

If I was doing it I would do something like

WLG-SYD-JFK-MIA-LAS-DFW-ANC-ORD-BOS-SFO-LHR-DXB-LHR-IST-LHR-HKG-SIN-HKG-NRT-MEL-WLG

This might not be completly correct because the MIA-LAS flight might be classed as trans-continental and you can only do the DFW-ANC in the summer.

To maximise your points fly syd-jfk (single flight number) and also fly europe to the west coast of the USA.

I just did the following and got 2010SC

ADL-BNE-AKL-HKG-NRT-HKG-SIN-HKG-LHR-DXB-LHR-SFO-BOS-SJU-DFW-ANC-DFW-JFK-SYD-PER-ADL

I did this as part of a business trip and the flights within Aus were for business only.

Search this Thread