Wiki Posts
Search

Is this a valid AONE4 routing ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2022, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat
Originally Posted by pandaperth
You are certainly allowed more than one stopover @ LHR, and I have personally had an itinerary with 2 such stopovers.
The rules concerning stopovers are
- travel may not be via the point of origin (and so by implication no stopover there)
- maximum two stopovers in the continent of origin (which for you is Asia)
- minimum two stopovers required
That's all

with regard to the LHR-DOH-LHR being flagged, an outside possibility is that this a hangover from an old, old version of the rules which restricted the number of intra-Europe/Middle East flights to/from the UK. I consider this unlikely because it would have had its own specific error message.

But it can be easily checked - simply change LHR-DOH-SYD to say CDG-DOH-SYD.

Africa 4
Asia 4
Europe Middle East 4*
*not more than 2 of which may be between the UK and ALBANIA, ALGERIA, BULGARIA, CROATIA, CYPRUS, GREECE, MIDDLE EAST, MOROCCO, ROMANIA, RUSSIA west of the Urals, TUNISIA, TURKEY, UKRAINE
Hi
thanks for this and I knew there used to be the rule limiting no of flights between UK and Middle East and also that it had changed
I’ve tried putting in LHR-CDG-DOH-SYD and hey presto it prices up … while keeping the LHR-DXB-LHR so it seems like it is the old rule is being applied even though there is no error message saying that …
For the dates I need to travel QR are not using A380 on CDG-DOH route so no F class …
Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and call someone to get the ticket set up with the routing I want.
Any thoughts on whether AA RTW is the best option - thought at present not too able to use them for over ocean flight as their codeshare with JAL on the initial TYO ORD flight has no A class availability though I’m sure that will change.
I’ve never done any ticketing with JAL for RtWs I usually have my first flight on CX from HND to HKG in First but sadly not back in time for my travel …
As ever thanks for the help !
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by pianoperson
Hi
thanks for this and I knew there used to be the rule limiting no of flights between UK and Middle East and also that it had changed
I’ve tried putting in LHR-CDG-DOH-SYD and hey presto it prices up … while keeping the LHR-DXB-LHR so it seems like it is the old rule is being applied even though there is no error message saying that …
For the dates I need to travel QR are not using A380 on CDG-DOH route so no F class …
Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and call someone to get the ticket set up with the routing I want.
Any thoughts on whether AA RTW is the best option - thought at present not too able to use them for over ocean flight as their codeshare with JAL on the initial TYO ORD flight has no A class availability though I’m sure that will change.
I’ve never done any ticketing with JAL for RtWs I usually have my first flight on CX from HND to HKG in First but sadly not back in time for my travel …
As ever thanks for the help !
I think for your itinerary, I'd just pay a travel agent to do it unless you're actually in Tokyo and can go to the JL office in Yurakucho. JL has atrocious wait times for phone service, especially the US number that can be called free from Skype. From the sounds of it AA would probably decline to do it since you can't currently get the AA code on your JL flight. QF might be an option as well but their call center is pretty horrible too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.