Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysian O class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Malaysian O class

I have boked a Malaysia O class ticket. I am a Qantas silver member (ruby) gold in about 3 weeks (Sapphire). My understanding is that I should be able to get seating for free but the manage bookings requires payment. Is this class not subject to Oneworld benefits? Do I get lounge access, I fly in January? Anyone dealt with this?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
O fare class in itself doesn't necessarily mean anything these days. Some airlines segregate their Lite or Basic fares into different booking classes, but not all do.

On MH, Lite and Basic fares do not include free seat selection. Seat selection is not a OneWorld benefit, although some airlines do extend that courtesy, it's not a requirement. It appears that MH is only extending that to their own Platinum members, but not other OW Emeralds.

Other benefits like extra luggage allowance, priority check in and boarding and lounge are based on your status, those are published benefits. As Sapphire you'd have 15kg on Lite and 35kg on Basic for luggage allowance. If you look at the stated luggage allowance you should be able to identify if you have a Lite or Basic ticket.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Thanks, first time I have had status of any kind on oneworld and was unsure of the benefit mapping across partners.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geminidreams
Thanks, first time I have had status of any kind on oneworld and was unsure of the benefit mapping across partners.
If you have booked a flight and later get/increase status the new higher status is not always updated in the reservation. Does vary by airline:- some auto update and others do not. For some need to refresh by phoning or remove ffp number and then later add the ffp number back in again.
dvs7310 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.