Search

OWE Rule 4(d)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
OWE Rule 4(d)

Rule 4(d) says, "Travel may not be via the point of origin." Does that mean city or airport? I'm looking at an ex-Japan DONE3, but I need to stop in Tokyo a couple of times. Normally that part of my itinerary looks something like NRT-BKK-NRT-CMB-NRT (when I used to start at MRU, then JNB, and, later, SEZ). If "point of origin" means airport, easy enough to make it HND-BKK-NRT-CMB-NRT, of course. But if "point of origin" means city, it's not going to work. Any ideas?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
de-leted

Last edited by anabolism; Sep 10, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
I think it means city, but I cannot remember where I got that information so I may be wrong

But anyway I think the point is moot, because of:

Rule 4(f) Only one international departure and one international arrival from/to the country of origin permitted.

(unless you're planning a number of domestic flights in Japan )
aaupgrade likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.