Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Emerald Recognition Across Various OW Carriers

Emerald Recognition Across Various OW Carriers

Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I really don't understand OneWorld benefits at all. If I achieved OW Emerald status flying with AA, I am being told that the only way I can use benefits such as priority check-in, preferred seating, early boarding, etc. on another OW carrier is if I agree to have the miles accured on that other carrier be credited to my AA AAdvantage account. Thus, I can't fly on AS and accrue miles on AS's Mileage Plan and have my OW Emerald benefits-- correct? So, OneWorld is not a seamless benefit program.
i simply do not understand where your expectations are coming from. dont you fly AA often as EXP? are you coming from another alliance? besides OWE, im also skyteam E+. they do not allow this IME. does SA allow you to use alliance benefits without using the sponsor airline FF loyalty number directly on the BP?

one risky strategy people use is changing their FF number at the airport. get the benefits first. then change FF to get air credit. sure, go do that. not worth the headache IMHO.

the bottom line is that youre going to get TONS of BS in your face about this at the airport. hope you go early and have time to deal with that constantly.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
This is one of those dark arts things.

The simplest way is to check-in and use baggage/ lounge benefits on your preferred program, and then switch to the other program at say a gate desk, and get the boarding pass reprinted.

A few agents who know Amadeus (the booking system of most oneworld airlines) may actually be able to tag separate fields (there are four FYI)
https://www.australianfrequentflyer..../amadeus-fqtv/
Old Oct 24, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
A data point on my experience.
Booked AS metal using AA award miles.
Had to call AS, a long 30 minute convo to add my AA FFP# and EXP status.

After AA FFP# was in my AS account, I was able to select seat (section allocated for ow elites).

at T24 (Not entirely sure), both I & wife were UG'd to F without my knowing. Sweet!

OTH, tried to do exactly the same thing with BA. After a 25 minute call, agent was unable to even verify who I am. She kept on going in circle asking all the "security" questions. To no avail, I hung up.

Here begs a question: Why can't this kind of simple thing be done online, even after ticket has been issued?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Why can't this kind of simple thing be done online, even after ticket has been issued?
It usually can; odd that you weren't able to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.