Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

AA Executive Platinum status, best way to book BA flight with free seat selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Executive Platinum status, best way to book BA flight with free seat selection

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

I was looking to book an international flight from LAX to LHR in business class. I have Executive Platinum status on American airlines and I want to earn American airlines miles for the trip. I was using the internet to purchase the ticket and I thought it would be best to sign in as a guest and then enter my American airlines number when booking the reservation. When I reached the seat selection page, I saw there is a fee to select the seats. Does anyone know that since I am Executive Platinum with American, do I get my seat selection for free? If so, I did not readily see that while booking my ticket on the internet. I thought about creating an account with British Airways before booking the ticket. But I felt if I created a BA account I would not be able to earn American airline miles, which is why I signed in as a guest. Is free seat selection in business class when booking the ticket even an option despite my AA status? Should I pay the seat selection fee and then submit for a seat selection refund to BA after the fact? Any advice on this topic would be very helpful
Old Jul 2, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cross posted and solved in the (correct) BA forum--->AA executive Platinum status, best way to book BA flight with free seat selection

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 2, 2022 at 3:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.