Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Help - where do I credit miles for BA F flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, AA Platinum

Hello all. New poster to FT but have been an avid observer over the years. Need your help. I’m flying SEA-LHR-SEA next month on BA F. Wondering which frequent flyer to credit my miles to for max value. Thinking either AS (because of the 300% earning potential) or AA (because of redemption partners). What’s the best choice? Appreciate any insight.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:47 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by jfk2boi
Hello all. New poster to FT but have been an avid observer over the years. Need your help. I’m flying SEA-LHR-SEA next month on BA F. Wondering which frequent flyer to credit my miles to for max value. Thinking either AS (because of the 300% earning potential) or AA (because of redemption partners). What’s the best choice? Appreciate any insight.
The question is - how many points would you earn on BA vs. AA vs. AS? You'd have to check the earnings chart to see how you're credited.

If you're flying paid BA F on a BA flight number (not AA xxxx flown as a BA flight), I'm guessing you'll get the most points credited to a BA account. Then you would have full access to OneWorld partners with maximum points for future redemption. What are you future flying plans for this year? That may also factor into the decision.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by jfk2boi
As this question really is more to do with which oneworld airline to credit flights to, I will shift this thread to the oneworld forum. I'll also alert the moderators of the other fora to which you've posted the same question as cross posting is not permitted on FlyerTalk.

~Microwave
AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From your profile you are AA Platinum (Oneworld Sapphire).
Generally better to be a ffp member of the airline you fly most.
What are your objectives from a ffp?
One trip is not a good basis to start again with a OW airline ffp. One of the big differences is AS is distance based ff earning and AA fare/distance based (depending if AA or partner flight). BA (now closely linked with QR) is another non USA airline option.
As AA & AS are Oneworld alliance both have the same base ff partners. AA has a few non alliance ff partners and AS, by comparison, many non alliance ff partners.
AS has a limited very prescription award chart, but can be good value. And awards have a stopover provision (subject t&c's). AA awards more dynamic.
AS (and BA) have own airline flights requirements for status, Need to read the t&c's for both AS & BA

FT thread-->Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.

================
Cross posted in BA forum--->Need advice on where to credit miles (locked)
Cross posted in AS forum--->Help - where do I credit miles? (locked)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Mar 25, 2022 at 5:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.