Wiki Posts
Search

RJ to DOH then QR to DBX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
RJ to DOH then QR to DBX

I'm seeing an incredible fare LHR-DOH on RJ and then I'm planning to get a DOH-DBX on QR.

Would I have a good chance of getting RJ to book my baggage all the way to DBX?

The reason why I want to go through DOH is that I want to stop there for 6 weeks on my way back.

I'll do a PCR test before I leave LHR and hope that will still be valid by the time I arrive in DBX.

I would appreciate any guidance.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jahason
I'm seeing an incredible fare LHR-DOH on RJ and then I'm planning to get a DOH-DBX on QR.
Would I have a good chance of getting RJ to book my baggage all the way to DBX?

The reason why I want to go through DOH is that I want to stop there for 6 weeks on my way back.
I'll do a PCR test before I leave LHR and hope that will still be valid by the time I arrive in DBX.

I would appreciate any guidance.
On separate tickets you may need to be eligible to enter Qatar. Check carefuly

https://rj.com/en/info-and-tips/bagg...hecked-luggage
Ask RJ?

This is a thread from 2018 RJ to QF on separate tickets (~4 years ago). May be different now. Especially in these CV19 times
-->Royal Jordanian and Qantas on separate tickets - can I link them at check in?
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Update - was not successful. I don't think we had very experienced check in staff, so maybe another night it would have worked if there had been an experienced supervisor.
​​​​
Originally Posted by tobsw
Just my 2 cents. Two tickets: BKK-HKG-LHR-MAD with the first sector on Royal Jordanian, and others on BA. The other ticket was MAD-SPC operated by Iberia/Iberia Express. Royal Jordanian check-in staff in Bangkok managed to check baggage through to final destination SPC, despite on a different ticket. The staff was very knowledgeable and managed it smoothly - knew exactly what I was asking for. Only boarding card for the first sector was given - all other boarding cards where collected at the transfer desk in Hong Kong; staff there wasn´t very happy that luggage was checked to SPC, but they couldn´t do anything against it and printed all remaining boarding cards.
Main OW thread-->Bag interlining issues and OW policy changes (Combined threads)
No info for RJ
Old Dec 17, 2021, 2:53 pm

I had good experiences in the past when all the flights (on oneworld) were in one reservation. A regular travel agent can do that.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Thank you everyone. I think I'll just get a return flight to Doha and then if circumstances allow do a return trip to Dubai from there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.