Routing options from LHR-AKL

Old Jul 27, 19, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Routing options from LHR-AKL

I知 looking to travel outbound London to Auckland (as direct as possible) and then returning via Sydney and Tokyo.

I would really prefer to travel with BA/Oneworld however trying to find a route in J seems to price at 」10k+.

Would I be best breaking this into two bookings, eg LON-SYD via Tokyo with JAL and then a separate SYD-AKL return with QF?

This works perfect for the return flight AKL-SYD-TYO-LHR since I知 making stopovers, but a bit of a nightmare on the outbound since changing in Tokyo is long and might involve an airport change too.

Any tricks or tips appreciate.
Old Jul 27, 19, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Voda_boy View Post
I知 looking to travel outbound London to Auckland (as direct as possible) and then returning via Sydney and Tokyo.

I would really prefer to travel with BA/Oneworld however trying to find a route in J seems to price at 」10k+.

Would I be best breaking this into two bookings, eg LON-SYD via Tokyo with JAL and then a separate SYD-AKL return with QF?

This works perfect for the return flight AKL-SYD-TYO-LHR since I知 making stopovers, but a bit of a nightmare on the outbound since changing in Tokyo is long and might involve an airport change too.

Maybe worth looking at a round the world fare?
Old Jul 27, 19, 9:02 am
Original Poster

If I reverse my routing (stopping off in Tokyo and Sydney on the outbound) I can transfer through SCL - although it's a 70 minute connection between 2 extremely long flight sectors. The BA SCL service isn't a daily flight less of an option going westbound. I guess I could consider via US airports too.
Old Jul 27, 19, 9:10 am

Programs: BA GGL + CCR, IB, LH, IHG Gold
SCL has service daily to MAD operated by both IB and LA
Old Jul 27, 19, 10:12 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Voda_boy View Post

Depending on when you池e going you could do ARN/CPH-AKL, SYD-HKG, HKG-LHR(-ARN/CPH) with CX for about 」2500 then just boom a separate AKL-SYD and a HKG-Japan return.

For a much simpler journey, AY has a good fare:
LHR-AKL//SYD-NRT/HND-LHR for 」3400. Example

Last edited by pogonation; Jul 27, 19 at 10:51 am

Search this Thread