Search

Waiver of BA xDONE ticket rules given QR flight delay

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
Waiver of BA xDONE ticket rules given QR flight delay

Hi All,

Writing this onboard QR8 (hello fab Q Suite :-.

I'm currently on two separate tickets
a) LHR-DOH-JNB 8th May
b) JNB-DOH-SFO 9th May (booked as part of a Oneworld RTW through BA)

I was only going to be in JNB for 9 hours for meetings. Basically arrive 9th May 09.50 and departing at 20.50. The LHR-DOH is very delayed and I just got an alert on the QR app to say that QR was "re-accommodating" me on the later DOH-JNB flight (landing at 15.00). This means it's pointless for me to be in JNB as I miss the meetings.

What I want to do on landing in Doha in 4 hours is drop the DOH-JNB and bring forward the DOH-SFO. However the RTW ticket rules mean I *have* to complete the JNB-DOH sector.

1) Is it technically possible for QR to waive the ticket rules for the xDone flight and allow me to drop the JNB-DOH in these circumstances without me losing the rest of the RTW sectors? And are my best chances with the ground staff at the airport or the BA GGL line (who did the ticket).
2) Bonus points for how I can get a refund for the DOH-JNB sector
3) Bonus bonus points for how to get the tier points and mileage (I know right. Very kiasu).

Thanks
Old May 8, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SQjunkie

1) ...
2) ...
3) ...

Thanks
Don't want much, do you?

Seriously, because (a) you are on separate tickets and (b) it is QR who would have to do all this magic for you, I'd say you are somewhere between Bob Hope and no hope.

... the RTW ticket rules mean I *have* to complete the JNB-DOH sector.
Is that because JNB-DOH is the first sector on your RTW? Otherwise it shouldn't be a problem (for xonex purposes) to change this from a flight to a ground segment.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I would say no chance. What are these bonus points you refer to?
Old May 8, 2019, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
Ah you are too used to BA computer says no. Qatar managed to sort (1) for me. Let’s see about (2) and (3).

Karma points Londonelite. I’m Avios poor right now.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The QR computer's default position is also 'no'. Courtesy of AAB!
Old May 10, 2019, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
1) Is it technically possible for QR to waive the ticket rules for the xDone flight and allow me to drop the JNB-DOH in these circumstances without me losing the rest of the RTW sectors? And are my best chances with the ground staff at the airport or the BA GGL line (who did the ticket).
Qatar managed to sort (1) for me.
Just to be clear, you had a DONE4 (or maybe 5 or 6) ex-JNB plated on BA. The first two flights as ticketed were JNB-DOH-SFO. And QR changed your ticket so that the DONEx is now ex-DOH but at the ex-JNB price? You're sure that that's how it went down? Are you sure that JNB-DOH was the first flight of the DONEx ticket?
LondonElite likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.