Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

Which [OW hub] airports have you been to many times but never exited?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others

Next week will be the first time I actually exit JFK as far as I can remember. I've been through JFK airport for connections several times a year in the last decade or so where OW has been my preferred alliance, but oddly I can't recall ever having left airside except to change terminals. I've been into NY city several times but always via EWR or overland from elsewhere. (I think this reveals I don't work in the finance sector!) It was similar for DFW and ORD - years of connecting through DFW or ORD several times a year before I had reason to actually leave the airport and visit Dallas or Chicago, although both of those streaks were broken (i.e., I exited) many years ago now.

So for a fun thread, which of the OW hub airports have you visited many times for connections but where you have never actually left the airport? How many non-exiting-visits has your run stretched to?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
Doha!
gnomeza and lokron1125 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I imagine on the BA board - DOH features quite high up the list
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:45 am

CLT for me! Been through many times (cannot remember how many times), but it is usually when going up or down the East Coast.

It is telling that CLT is home to my favourite airport burger restaurant - Bad Daddys Burger Bar in Concourse C. I visit every time I transit CLT provided I have enough time to spare, and it never fails to deliver ^ But still never made it to Charlotte itself....
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
IOM

I was flying from BHD to an airport in the north of England (can’t remember which one) and because of fog at our destination we stopped at Ronaldsway and decanted into the (then) Manx Airlines departure lounge for about four hours to wait for the fog to lift.

Coincidentally, I going to IOM from LCY next week where I’m expecting to leave the airport “properly” some 25/30 years late...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rossmacd
CLT for me! Been through many times (cannot remember how many times), but it is usually when going up or down the East Coast.
It would have been CLT for me too, except last year I had a bad weather irrop there and ended up in some extra soul-less Holiday Inn a few miles away for the night. The burger tip is hereby added to my list. A wonderful airport, mind. I was about to say DFW but I have been to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo a few times - not a place for the faint of heart! Doha I have visited a few times. So I think mine is ANU - my many trips to Antigua have been confined to the airport.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
CLT, PHL and SIN, although the alter I have visited by sea.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Would have to say DOH as the most frequent.

But ........ more specifically, that applies only in the case of the (relatively) new HIA and during the lifespan of the OW alliance (so, as per the question ... I think !?)
I have spent time in the country in the more distant past, including a three month spell working there.

In an odd way, I generally ‘resent’ touching down at an airport but not then seeing (even a little of) what lies beyond.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold Guest List
HEL.

TP visits many times now, never even left the airport!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BA GfL
Lome in Togo. LFW is the code.

Lived and worked in Gabon for four years and made monthly trips to our bases which included Abidjan, Cotonou and Accra. Used to fly back to Libreville on Air Afrique which stopped in Lome. Never got out. Ever.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I wouldn't say it's "many" but I've flown into MAN several times for mileage run reasons and never left the airport. I've only travelled to Manchester (the city) by ground transport.

If it's airports I've only left once but transited through many times, then I've only left DFW once, to visit the AA museum which is just outside the airport perimeter.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
DOH, by a distance. Next up would be DFW. Not a OW hub, but also connected in GRU numerous times before eventually exiting the airport, frankly I’d be happy if that streak were still running (enjoyed everywhere else I’ve visited in Brazil).
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
FRA And Zurich
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would have said GRU until the other day I came across a picture of the hotel we stayed at when having an overnight connection there. I remember nothing about it.

The only one I'm 100% sure about is BHX.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Back in the early nineties, when KIX first opened, SK was one of the few European airlines flying there. Consequently, I flew LHR-CPH-KIX several times and CPH remains the only airport I haven’t exited from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.