Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar flights changed to BA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Angry Qatar flights changed to BA

In July I selected and paid for specific Qatar flights business class return LHR to Melbourne; thru an agent; i received confirmation and confirmed seat selection on all legs all on the Qatar operated flights that i selected. 1 leg coming back from DOH to LHR 26th Jan has just been changed to BA operated. where do i stand on this ? I was supposed to be on QR7 but the flight time changed, but there are other Qatar operated flights available on the Qatar website; the agent is saying she is trying to change it but cannot as its very busy :-(

i suspect the agent wont change as it will cost them more money, can you tell me where i stand ?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As you purchased through a travel agent, no carrier will touch it.

Even though the departure time of the final segment has been changed, is there a reason why you do not want to be or cannot be on that flight? If so, ask to be moved back onto your original flight. If not, then figure out what it is that you want and make the specific ask of your travel agent.

You can always call BA to determine whether the flight you want has space for you and then use that with the agent.

For the benefit of others, for a simple return trip, book directly with the carrier. This would all have been worked out in a quick call had you booked with QR.
TruffleHunter likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Welcome to FT @TruffleHunter

I guess you have been booked in the R fare bucket. However, I am surprised with the schedule change that should be relevant as normally an available seat in the cabin is all that is needed.

There are several options, even in R. Also, is LGW an option for you?

See here from Expert Flyer:

Results from https://www.ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Flight Availability Search
Departing DOH on 26/01/19 12:00 AM for LON, Flying QR   on booking class J C D I R  , Exclude Codeshares, Point of Sale: UK
                                                                     Frequency
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     

QR 9          0      DOH                LHR                388       Daily           J9 C9 D9 I9 R0 
                     26/01/19 1:30 AM   26/01/19 6:20 AM             55% / 27m
QR 329        0      DOH                LGW                788       Sa              J9 C9 D9 I9 R9 
                     26/01/19 1:55 AM   26/01/19 6:25 AM             49% / 20m
QR 3          0      DOH                LHR                388       Daily           J9 C9 D9 I9 R0 
                     26/01/19 7:35 AM   26/01/19 12:25 PM            42% / 21m
QR 327        0      DOH                LGW                788       M,T,W,Th,F,Sa   J9 C9 D9 I9 R4 
                     26/01/19 8:05 AM   26/01/19 12:35 PM            40% / 28m
QR 7          0      DOH                LHR                77W       Daily           J9 C9 D9 I9 R0 
                     26/01/19 8:30 AM   26/01/19 1:10 PM             84% / 17m
QR 1          0      DOH                LHR                359       Daily           J9 C9 D9 I9 R4 
                     26/01/19 1:00 PM   26/01/19 5:30 PM             63% / 22m
QR 331        0      DOH                LGW                788       M,Sa            J9 C9 D9 I9 R9 
                     26/01/19 2:30 PM   26/01/19 7:00 PM             82% / 9m
QR 15         0      DOH                LHR                351       Daily           J9 C9 D9 I9 R3 
                     26/01/19 3:55 PM   26/01/19 8:25 PM             70% / 18m
QR 5          0      DOH                LHR                77W       Daily           J9 C9 D9 I9 R9 
                     26/01/19 5:05 PM   26/01/19 10:00 PM            96% / 15m
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
As you purchased through a travel agent, no carrier will touch it.

Even though the departure time of the final segment has been changed, is there a reason why you do not want to be or cannot be on that flight? If so, ask to be moved back onto your original flight. If not, then figure out what it is that you want and make the specific ask of your travel agent.

You can always call BA to determine whether the flight you want has space for you and then use that with the agent.

For the benefit of others, for a simple return trip, book directly with the carrier. This would all have been worked out in a quick call had you booked with QR.
i think my main question is where do i stand legally ? can i insist that the agent puts me back on QR7 if I know there is availability ? I paid for QR7, the agent sent me confirmation for QR7 and a seat . they are dragging their heels.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:18 am
Original Poster

thanks for your post
i paid top $ for LHR as its convenient for me, LGW is not
Im not sure what R class is i dont seem to have an eticket, only the Qatar booking confirmation from the agent
I know that there are seats available on QR7, my preferred choice, but the agent is dragging their heels
what can i do if they refuse to move me ?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:35 am
Original Poster

just checked my ticket and the ticket class is BUSINESS (I)

does this explain anything ?

thanks again
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by TruffleHunter
i think my main question is where do i stand legally ? can i insist that the agent puts me back on QR7 if I know there is availability ? I paid for QR7, the agent sent me confirmation for QR7 and a seat . they are dragging their heels.
Who changed your ticket? The agent or QR? If you were issued a valid e-ticket for the QR routing (not a confirmation, but an e-ticket receipt), it should not be an issue for you to be reissued into that. It strikes me that the TA may have changed your ticket by jumping the gun and not asking you first. If that is the case, QR may well charge to make a further change and that cost is, of course, the TA's problem to cover.

I think that you need to dig deeper with the agent as to how all of this happened and to ask to see the messaging behind the change. When you are told that it is all in codes you won't understand, don't let that deter you.

Another approach is to call the TA and have them patch you in with QR so that you can participate in the call (or better yet, you do the patching.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by TruffleHunter
just checked my ticket and the ticket class is BUSINESS (I)

does this explain anything ?

thanks again
Yes, I is still discounted Business class but not as discounted as R.

I9 across the board - means the airline is will to sell at least 9 seats in I class on every flight. Your agent should have had no trouble in rebooking you to a preferred flight.

I agree with @Often1 , there is something fishy here given "the agent is saying she is trying to change it but cannot as its very busy".

It is not "busy".
Old Nov 19, 2018, 1:35 am
Original Poster

thanks for all your advice on this, it seems that this issue is now closed as the agent has managed to change us back to teh Qatar opertated flights !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.