Wiki Posts
Search

NYC to Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
NYC to Seoul

I have AA miles so I am trying to do a one world redemption from NYC to Seoul in F. What oneworld airlines are viable for this? My final destination is China but it looks like I may be able to hop an inexpensive flight into China from Seoul and only use 80k miles in the process. Airlines with massive fuel surcharges are a total no go.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Red259
I have AA miles so I am trying to do a one world redemption from NYC to Seoul in F. What oneworld airlines are viable for this? My final destination is China but it looks like I may be able to hop an inexpensive flight into China from Seoul and only use 80k miles in the process. Airlines with massive fuel surcharges are a total no go.
On a single award, your choices would be AA, JL, or a combination of the two. Between North America and Asia 1 (Seoul), you are not permitted to route via Asia 2, so CX via HKG is not allowed.

There are no surcharges on AAdvantage awards for any partners except BA and IB.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by guv1976
On a single award, your choices would be AA, JL, or a combination of the two. Between North America and Asia 1 (Seoul), you are not permitted to route via Asia 2, so CX via HKG is not allowed.

There are no surcharges on AAdvantage awards for any partners except BA and IB.
Ok thanks. Kinda figured I was limited in my choices. Sadly I don't have the miles to do HKG routing. Since I am using my miles for China back to US with JAL and my leftover miles only will get me to Asia 1.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
JFK-HND-GMP on JL is the best option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.