Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

How to book OWE RTW flight when you can't book flights more than 355 days in advance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to book OWE RTW flight when you can't book flights more than 355 days in advance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Post How to book OWE RTW flight when you can't book flights more than 355 days in advance

Hi guys, brand new here.

I am really hoping some of you can help me with my questions around booking a OneWorld Explorer RTW ticket.

My girlfriend and I are planning to travel around the world for a year, departing in about a year from now (March 2019).

I have made a sample itinerary and chose random dates to get a quote / fare estimate.

My main question is that airlines do not let you book flights more than 11 months in advance. If I want to travel the world for a year, how do I go about booking all my segments, especially the ones towards the end of our trip?

My gf and I really like to plan in advance, and we feel if we got the RTW flights booked in advance, it would set a date in our mind and help motivate us to save even harder for the other stuff until our departure date.

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:44 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by chronicideas
Hi guys, brand new here.

I am really hoping some of you can help me with my questions around booking a OneWorld Explorer RTW ticket.

My girlfriend and I are planning to travel around the world for a year, departing in about a year from now (March 2019).

I have made a sample itinerary and chose random dates to get a quote / fare estimate.

My main question is that airlines do not let you book flights more than 11 months in advance. If I want to travel the world for a year, how do I go about booking all my segments, especially the ones towards the end of our trip?

My gf and I really like to plan in advance, and we feel if we got the RTW flights booked in advance, it would set a date in our mind and help motivate us to save even harder for the other stuff until our departure date.

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome to FT, chronicideas!

I'm closing this thread because you already asked it in the "newbie" thread, and it's against FT guidelines to cross-post.

Short answer: you can't get around the 12-month lifespan of an RTW ticket; all the travel has to be complete within 12 months of the first flight. To book segments beyond the ticketing window, most people book "dummy" dates that fall within the booking window, then change the date (for free) once the actual planned travel dates become bookable.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.