Wiki Posts
Search

DONE4 ITN check please

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2017, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
DONE4 ITN check please

Appreciate a review and comments. This ITN will price and take me to the purchase page at the Oneworld site but had a question:

1. I've read AA RTW desk is a good place to purchase and I have AA flights SEA-LAX-NRT. Is AA better than online purchase especially since I want a ZAR fare paid in USD?

Routing: Johannesburg - Madrid - Athens (ground) Mykonos - London - Zagreb - Doha - Los Angeles - Seattle - Los Angeles - Tokyo - Manila - Kuala Lumpur - Ho Chi Minh City (ground) Bangkok - Hong Kong - Johannesburg

16 segmentsTotal: 97,567.29 ZAR

I only want the 2 stop overs in the U.S. - 3 months Europe, 3 months U.S., 6 months Asia.

Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Review and Comments
Well what to say - it is a valid DONE4, that presumably goes to the places you want to go to
The only comment I have is that if you are looking to maximise flying/EQ Miles and/or dollars/AAward miles then perhaps change SEA-LAX-NRT to SEA-DFW/ORD/JFK-NRT
Your question
If you buy online, then you will be charged in ZAR and your ticket will be issued by IB (I assume). For subsequent changes, you will deal with IB. Some credit cards charge a fee for transactions in foreign currencies.

Provided you have at least one "over water" flight with AA then you can buy the ticket from them
You can tell AA that you want to pay in the the US. AA will convert the all-in ZAR price to USD and charge you that. For subsequent changes, you will deal with AA. My current DONE is AA-issued; I have done a re-route and have made three date changes so far; all have been totally painless - just phone the ATW desk and it gets done. I have never dealt with IB so cannot comment there.

The AA price will likely be different from the online (IB) price. This is because different airlines are more or less zealous in collecting other airlines' surcharges.
tkelvin69 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Appreciate a review and comments. This ITN will price and take me to the purchase page at the Oneworld site but had a question:

1. I've read AA RTW desk is a good place to purchase and I have AA flights SEA-LAX-NRT. Is AA better than online purchase especially since I want a ZAR fare paid in USD?

Routing: Johannesburg - Madrid - Athens (ground) Mykonos - London - Zagreb - Doha - Los Angeles - Seattle - Los Angeles - Tokyo - Manila - Kuala Lumpur - Ho Chi Minh City (ground) Bangkok - Hong Kong - Johannesburg

16 segmentsTotal: 97,567.29 ZAR

I only want the 2 stop overs in the U.S. - 3 months Europe, 3 months U.S., 6 months Asia.

Thanks
Just a few comments to your routing. A surface trip counts as a sector. You could do more if you avoid these.You could also try to do more longer sectors with better seats instead of short hops with regional business class and just buy some economy tickets for these destinations.
There are a lot of low cost carriers in Asia which fly between places like KUL, SGN, BKK etc.
You could use the RTW for some longer sectors like NRT/HND-SIN or India instead
pandaperth and tkelvin69 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.